Track day rubber

They look like they would overheat on a track, being such a blocky design unless you used them specifically for the wet.

Nope..didnt go 'off' at all.
Meant to be same compound as the 888 but more tread and is meant to be inbetween their road and the 888s.

i went on track at olton with set of toyo t1r and found them to be poor, squeeling all the time and poor grip, changed to a very worn out set os yoko a048's and was fun on them, grip still not great and wore them down to canvas so they were on there last legs!

popped the t1rs back on rear to go back after the track day finished and had so much more grip this time round, they were really fun and actually managed a faster lap then on a048's!

since then on last track day brother took my clio and i was in the van, had nearly new set of a048s on and grip was VERY good! impressive and even after whole day of abuse not much tread used!

from the looks of it the yoko ware out slower then r888s! mum has standard ones on her esige 240s and she runs them all year round come snow, rain or our occasional rain! good tires just take care in bad conditions with them! if i had the money i would run them all summer time for road!

Tyre prices for 215/45/17 (each) as of 28/09/11:

Federal 595 rs-r: £121.66

Silverstone FTZ type RR: £135.00

Toyo R888: £156.00

Toyo R1-R: £152.00

Yokohama A048: £221.00

Yokohama AD08: £146.00

Yokohama Spec2: £88.00

I think i may try Federals next, great reviews!

Try checking the prices for 225/45/17 as well, the AD08s are £109 a corner I think in that from tyre traders.

Also those Silverstone FTZs have had some pretty good reviews, supposedly on par with the R888 if not actually better, I have my eye on a set myself.