Track car on a budget!

Another update on this...the track car on a budget, is not so cheap anymore!

I rebuilt the gearbox and shimmed up the new black line differential.
Powerflex bushes fitted to the lower arms, along with the miltek exhaust to be coming off and a new Piper system going on!

Initial thoughts of the lsd is that these cars should have these fitted from standard and that it was well worth the disaster on track to make this worthwhile! It has transformed my car and encourages a heap of confidence!

20220718_133323.jpg

So I finally got around to fitting one of our systems that we manufacture in house.
20220815_125125.jpg

If anyone would like a system, gwt in touch and I can sort you one out at a discounted rate!

I went for our slash cut option, along with the two silencer option, as i wanted to keep within the db limit for track days.
I also painted the diffuser while it was off, really has smartend the rear up!

Attachments

• 20220815_150531.jpg
    20220815_150531.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 45
  • 20220815_150513.jpg
    20220815_150513.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 45
Cheers @NWDSdaz
It was just some cheap satin black we had kicking around the workshop. Gave it a quick wipe down with some white spirit to get the muck off it and then gave it a nice equal spray in the sunshine.

Thought i would take the car for a drive to and from work, just to make sure I didn't have any mechanical drama, prior to the trackday on Monday.
Drove to work unscathed without any problems.
Nearly got back home, when the CSC decided that it wanted to pop!
20220928_174346.jpg

Managed to get an afternoon off from work and get the box out and new slave back in and bled up.

Made an adaption to the standard ugly towing eye while at work too!
20220927_130349.jpg
Weather is looking to be overcast for bedford on Monday, but I am looking forward to hopefully getting some decent seat time with all of the new changes.

As planned, i managed to make it to bedford autodrome.
It had been the furthest i had driven the car since installing the diff and i was somewhat dubious if i am honest, as it was the first time I had ever stripped a gearbox...but I am pleased to say that it did the 2.5 hour trip to bedford, a day of track playing and a return drive home, under its own power!

I had a great time on track and it feels like everything has come together nicely and I have built a nice balanced car, that you can drive hard but have complete control. It is so much fun balancing the car from apex to apex, making slight corrections as the rear starts to slide.
It has highlighted that the current engine setup does lack some power...which is no real surprise, but bedfords long straights and big boy cars real showed that it is lacking in that area.

A couple of unedited videos for you to have a nosey at, if you are bored.

The power issue is more prominent at places like Bedford or Snetterton. Tracks like Croft or Anglesey show off the Clios capabilities. On tight corners the Clio will always out brake, and get round faster, a heavier more powerful car.

Loved the video with the LY shopping trolley.
Good commitment on the chicane and most corners in general.
I love Bedford for the fact it’s balls to the wall pretty much everywhere and a lot of fast corners.

Iceeboy, any update on the BC Racing suspension?

What spring rate did you go? 7/7 or 10/7?

Thanks

Since its last outing at Bedford, the car has pretty much remained at home in the garage, other than a quick blast to work and back when my daily needed an MOT.

Recently fitted aero catches on the bonnet and a headlight with cold air feed to the induction. With a house move on the cards in the coming weeks, i get the feeling that it will probably remain untouched for most of this year.
20230402_120526.jpg