thinking of selling....

Hi

im thinking of selling the clio and just buying something different. The clio is on pcp and I owe around £10k including the ballon payment.

The car is a 2010 60reg and has done 13k miles serviced by renault at 11.5k. What do you think its worth? What's the best way to get rid of it?

I love the car and it looks amazing but its just not doing it for me now. Im at the edge of performance unless I start getting head work done or an.aspiration change.

any help or advice would be much appreciated.

thanks

It's difficult, because the Clio is so good to drive when you're in the mood. But I was finding mine was getting on my nervs more than anything, so changed it. Love my mps, but no doubt on those very few occasions in the future when I'm in the mood, I'll miss my Clio. It's still quite weird not having the engine singing too.

Corsa N'ring?

If ye aint happy then its probably best to move on.

I'd wait for the Mugen CR-Z tbh!

The best way to sell would be trading IMO.

The car is probs worth around £11,500 to £12,000 and as bank loans are hard to get these days you may find it hard to sell privately.

I'd also remove any mods and sell seperately.

It's difficult, because the Clio is so good to drive when you're in the mood. But I was finding mine was getting on my nervs more than anything, so changed it. Love my mps, but no doubt on those very few occasions in the future when I'm in the mood, I'll miss my Clio. It's still quite weird not having the engine singing too.

I love it but yeah its getting on my nerves. Its got fueling issues again and the interior quality is getting worse and no question it drives fantastically when the car is in the mood for it.

Havnt u just spent a load of money on it?

yep and it still doesn't satisfy me lol

Corsa N'ring?

If ye aint happy then its probably best to move on.

I'd wait for the Mugen CR-Z tbh!

very tempting! half the price to insure but might be looking for something jap :smile: the cr-z mugen is going to be loads of money :worried: also a 135i is looking good... have it remapped and it will out drag a 1M and M3 :wink:

The best way to sell would be trading IMO.

The car is probs worth around £11,500 to £12,000 and as bank loans are hard to get these days you may find it hard to sell privately.

I'd also remove any mods and sell seperately.

as much as I can get off to sell I will. so coilovers, exhaust, cams and the ice.

yeah I think it would be hard to shift. I'll see what happens.

Think this is the trouble with these cars, unless you REALLY love it in the 1st place then dont bother aiming for speed. Cams are fantastic i was chuffed to bits with mine, BUT it makes the clio feel like its on steroids but it still drives like a clio just better. Think sometimes folk expect to much or something different from them. Good luck with it tho if u sell mate, hope it goes quickly and smoothly! :smile:

Think this is the trouble with these cars, unless you REALLY love it in the 1st place then dont bother aiming for speed. Cams are fantastic i was chuffed to bits with mine, BUT it makes the clio feel like its on steroids but it still drives like a clio just better. Think sometimes folk expect to much or something different from them. Good luck with it tho if u sell mate, hope it goes quickly and smoothly! :smile:

I did and do love and when the car was running fine on cams it was incredible and the engine feels so alive. I question the strength of the car and being so new some bits are mega money and cars are too complex with their electronics now days. Maybe once its all fixed I'll change my mind and want to keep it.

coilovers for sale then?

Potentially yes :smile:

My thoughts same as Mike
Still in love with mine at the mo - good luck in what you decide

sounds like you want something old skool! Get an S13, been looking at some today out of bordem. After first reading this thread earlier on, Ive been browsing pistonheads for something to pass the time.

sounds like you want something old skool! Get an S13, been looking at some today out of bordem. After first reading this thread earlier on, Ive been browsing pistonheads for something to pass the time.

old skool would be great!! haha. Its just annoying at the moment. the car is giving me a headache and I keep noticing things wrong lol. for a new car its bad and frustrating. My astra interior was great. Time will tell, I'll get the fueling sorted and then see how I feel.@

I'm in thes same boat. I simply don't enjoy the car on the road and don't do enough trackdays in it to justify the outlay. However I can't get a good enough price to sell so it's staying for now.

For old school I looked at 84-89 911 3.2. Great drive and simply great all round.

Problem with the old school stuff is if someone hits you, you will probably die.

I am smoking around in an old Focus at the moment, miss the power from time to time but love 40+mpg and am able to park in a (cheap) grotty car park without worrying but wouldn't park the 197 there.

old skool would be great!! haha. Its just annoying at the moment. the car is giving me a headache and I keep noticing things wrong lol. for a new car its bad and frustrating. My astra interior was great. Time will tell, I'll get the fueling sorted and then see how I feel.@

What do you keep noticing that is wrong?