197: Thinking of selling up

Lukesaxby

Platinum Member
I've had my fun, done what I've always wanted to do but thinking of selling up.

With all my upgrades I'm hoping to get 7500.

43000 miles

What you think

Upgrades don't mean up-prices unfortunately.

What's the history like?

You'd be better off turning the car back to standard and recouping the money that way, spending on mod's never see a bigger return. Unless its a ££££'s turbo/ supercharge conversion type of mod.

Full service at 3000 6000 9000 13500 20000 then cam belt change at 35000 which was 5 year mark.

It's not the fact of the upgrades, it's just such a clean well looked after car and from what I've seen on the trader I think it's fair.

I was thinking of taking my carbon diffuser off and sell it on here plus I have carbon effect under bonnet stuff I could sell like battery covers, oil cap, water cap etc

Has anyone on here actually looked at the trader and seen the amount of basic 197,s up for sale for 6500 up

Looking on Auto Trader it looks as though the ones going for £7,000+ have <30,000 miles.

The days of 7k for a non r27 are long gone......... especially non recaros.

5500- 6k is the steady going rate - so remove any mods. & sell on- you may break 6500 with anything of value.

S

As above ^^ I've been looking for a 197 for a few months and the ones at that price have been up for sale since I started looking...I personally wouldn't pay £6500+ for one unless it was a super clean F1 with low miles.

My advise would be to look at other sensibly priced similar spec cars for sale and price a few hundred quid under there price, its always worked me.

Buyers market. I paid sub 6k for my very slightly average mileage (57k at the time). That was 12 months ago....... If you want to sell then it will need to at about 6k realistically.

If you don't need to sell then stick with it. Whats your reason for selling up?

Starting a family and need a bigger car, was looking at a 3 series or 5 series,

Any one after a carbon diffuser then and the carbon lookalike bits under the bonnet

Stick an add up in the for sale section for the extra bits you have added. I'm sure that priced well they should sell.