197: Thinking of selling up :(

I'm going to be starting my own business in the very near future. As much as it pains me, im going to have to sell my R27 :bye2:. She's been a great car and such a pleasure to drive. Im not after a quick sale and dont really know what to put the car up for. It's completley standard on a 57 plate, LY Paint, Tunepoint, bluetooth, heated mirrors, smart wipers, Recaro's, full dealer history, 60k, MOT'd 12mths, taxed, 1 previous owner & still has 13 months warranty with Evans Halshaw (transferable). Does anyone one know what the market is like at the minute? Are people looking out for these cars or could it be something that will take me a while to sell?

Biggest problem for you is the high mileage. I'd say you'll be lucky to get 8k for it private.

8k sounds about right. The mileage is quite high mine is same age and its only done half the miles.

8k sounds fair to me. Its not crazy mileage but it is slightly higher than average for its year. Think if it was average it would be on about 48k so its only 12k above. I really dont want to sell this car, I love it but I cant have 8k sat in a car when im just starting out on my own.

Despite the high mileage and the fact the used car market has been on it's arse for a while you're selling the right Mk3 Clio and although it's only ever going to be worth what someone wants to pay you're infinitely more likely to get people interested.

For example I wouldn't want to try and sell an early bog standard 197 at the moment, people will be looking out for R27s given they're the most desirable 197.

Don't think you will have a problem selling it mate as long as it's had the cambelt changed and FSH.LY F1s are still saleable.

Grumpy the bog standard ones like mine seem to be the ones that are selling at the moment.you look at the new members on here just lately seem to have nights to mod up

Well of course they sell, that wasn't the point but there are tons of 197s for sale so inevitably more are going to be bought but equally in a diluted market you're less likely to sell your own car.

You're in a better position selling an R27 as there's far fewer on the market, from a sellers prospective.

Cheers guys.

It's going up for sale (tentatively) in the next couple of weeks I think. So I will see what sort of response I get. I'm gonna advertise at £7995. Hopefully though I will be back in one in 12 months time. If anyone knows somebody thats looking for a nice R27 then please push them my way :smile: