thinking of selling the 197

i'm thinking of selling this, now i only do a 2-3 mile journey to work everday, and the kangarooing seems to have appeared, and the car doesn't warm up by the time i get to work.
Then when i go home for lunch more f**ing kangarooing,

So im thinking of getting something else to go to work in, but tbh i don't like any other cars, im thinking of just seeing what the dealer with give me in px against a new clio 1.2 or something, but my mom has a 1.2 diesel and the seats are scrap. plus i think i need to get out of the boyish clio phase.

I don't want to spend any money, and looking to get a couple of thousand back.
I'm thinking of one of the SEAT's, or a new Polo. but they don't have the spec to match the clio, you have to pay extra for the aircon, and again the seats aren't very good. maybe i need to just keep this clio. i really want one of them new meganes, maybe i will wait and get a second hand one of those

Last edited:
Why not just push bike to work and use your car at weekend for some fun, that’s what I do.

Even if you get a 1.2 it’s still not good for the car to keep doing short trips, puts strain on the starter motor, battery and causes condensation in the oil cap.

I have still managed to 7,500 miles in a year just by using my car after work and at weekends.

same here mate,

i only work 2 miles up the road, i have 09 plate Suzuki DR125 to get me to work and back, costs me £6 in petrol to fill it up and that lasts me a week n half lol, cheep as chips to run,

the 197 comes out at the weekend for a bit of fun,

This is what im gonna be doing, i only live a few miles away from work so when i get my 200 its just going to stay in the garage unless im going out somewhere/going to the track.

I'll use my Corsa D to go to work in.

Why you gonna P/X your clio for another clio, there just as bad as each other for reliability... U might aswell just get yourself a hard nosed diesel like an Audi A3 S line or a Golf GT TDI, low on tax, good on petrol, plus im sure diesel prices have dropped lower then petrol? correct me if im wrong...

i agree ^^^^^ my misses has a new golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 and she gets 55 mpg all day long out of it. ( which really pi$$es me off ).

cheap to run and insure cant go wrong tbh.

get a scooter.
£400 for a decent one off ebay.
£5 a week in petrol
£50 a year insurance
next to nothing tax a year... :smile:

197 to a 1.2 as a daily driver?

Are you mental? Get something sh1te and cheap to run for going to work in and run the 197 for weekends.

i agree ^^^^^ my misses has a new golf 2.0 GT TDI 140 and she gets 55 mpg all day long out of it. ( which really pi$$es me off ).

cheap to run and insure cant go wrong tbh.

you won't get 55mpg doing 2-3 miles a day.. plus work miles works out to be something like 2k a year... you need to be doing 20k+ each year for a diesel to add up mathematically, when you factor in the petrol v diesel purchase price. the diesel will however be worth more than the comparable petrol come resale time.

scooter or pedal bike makes sense

get the pushbike out mate. I should do the same really, 2.5 miles to work but I really cant be bothered!