The Farrow's Nimbus F1 #472 and Ultra Red 197 *pic heavy*

Diffuser looks really good as do the bullets. What paint did you use for the calipers?

Thanks Guys! Yeah I'm really happy with the bullets and diffuser! Not sure how long they'll last considering it's rattled canned on :') I used some halfords high temp caliper paint, think the hard part was masking it all off :tongueout: Might touch them up with some HI temp brush paint though.

So realising I have auto adjusters and headlight washers but no Xenons, I decided I might be able to get away with HID's easier than with just projectors, so I ordered some :tearsofjoy:

Old photo before I fitted LED anything.

IMG_2466_zpsff720f07.jpg

So I ordered 6000k 35w H1's for dipped and H7's for full beam. Passenger side has way more room to mount the ballasts underneath the headlights. Drivers side is a pain in the arse and had to change the ballast positions :grin:

IMG_20160929_144559_zpsvswln569.jpg

IMG_20160920_144047_zpss8tahl5g.jpg

IMG_20160929_164659_zps87asshrp.jpg

IMG_20160929_220745_zpsweksxmhb.jpg

IMG_20160929_220811_zps6gktki6w.jpg

They look amazing, completely transforms the look of the car and modernises it. Just hoping they aren't blinding people because even dipped beam is bright! :tearsofjoy::coldsweat:

Reactions: Dystant
Have to say your car is beautiful mate!

Loving the last pic, the lights look so bright :smiley:

okay guys i need some help! Went for a drive the other day after fitting the canbus hids (not sure if there's any relevance), but about 20 minutes into it I got a check ABS/ESP light come on. Then I noticed at low speed braking, i can feel a weird on/off almost grinding/clunky feeling through the brake pedal, can hear it too. The brake pedal feeling goes after a while. Then driving back I got a check emissions light and engine light too!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Could the HID's be messing with the sensors/electrics or is it just a coincidence?

14513593_10154345421681858_2034939497_o_zpsuybcuazb.jpg

First one is knock sensor, either the sensor itself or wiring, second code is the lambda sensor.

Took it to the garage for the MOT, passed fine. Tyre did manage to pick up two screws on the way there! Ordered two Eagle F1 asymmetric 3's to replace the crappy landsalls which came with the car! So will be running Asy 2s on the rear and the new Asy 3 on the fronts.

Since getting through the mot fine I got the garage to look at the errors. The faulty lamba was apparently the one after the cat, said it's not a huge deal and doesn't need to be sorted straight away (will get it done soon though). He also thinks the knock sensor was just a false ping. Thinking everything was going to be fine he hits me with the ABS sensor fault. Something to do with where the rear drivers side ABS attaches has corroded away, but you can only replace the whole unit (hub?) from renault for £180. Perfect. :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: jasonlovesfrench
Sounds like a mixture of luck you've had there! Good choice with the tyres though, exactly the same setup I have on mine - due to a puncture too :smiley:

That sucks on the bill for the ABS sensor though...

yeah had it's ups and "downs" :tearsofjoy: looking forward to having good tyres all around, the back would give way before the front, made things eventful! Yeah renault for you, had both front ball joints done last year and renault only sell the whole hub unit for ridiculous prices, luckily you can get just the ball joint online!

Took it to the garage for the MOT, passed fine. Tyre did manage to pick up two screws on the way there! Ordered two Eagle F1 asymmetric 3's to replace the crappy landsalls which came with the car! So will be running Asy 2s on the rear and the new Asy 3 on the fronts.

Since getting through the mot fine I got the garage to look at the errors. The faulty lamba was apparently the one after the cat, said it's not a huge deal and doesn't need to be sorted straight away (will get it done soon though). He also thinks the knock sensor was just a false ping. Thinking everything was going to be fine he hits me with the ABS sensor fault. Something to do with where the rear drivers side ABS attaches has corroded away, but you can only replace the whole unit (hub?) from renault for £180. Perfect. :tearsofjoy:
Only £180 lol, bargain!