The Farrow's Nimbus F1 #472 and Ultra Red 197 *pic heavy*

Took this tonight, the interior LED's give off such a cool looking light, and seriously bright too, same with the reg lights! Definitely worth the upgrade.
(Phone quality...)

20150127_192100_zps68b8a297.jpg

Should have a progress update by the end of next week! Until then, I gave the car a clean, it was -1c out... Since driving it in slush and a gritter spraying the entire front of the car it had to be done -__-

20150201_165232_zps70641695.jpg

20150201_170424_zps36d994f9.jpg

It's been a few weeks since a proper update, Work and life for you... :thumbdown:

And due to the weather, I still can't do a few things I've been wanting to do since I got the car. Anyways, I ordered a new steering wheel ages ago, but things kept coming up so I could never get the time to go and get it fitted!

Until today :smiley:

Out with the tatty old...

20150123_112508_zpsff9ae180.jpg

And In with the nice and new! Also added the steering wheel insert.

(taken with new 20MP phone camera)
DSC_0011_zps3cf41ec5.jpg

(taken with Cannon 60D)
IMG_2507_zpsf6584236.jpg

I drove up to Jack from www.RoyalSteeringWheels.com, Who I must admit did a fantastic Job! It's Alcantara Top and bottom, perforated leather on the sides, Silver stitching and a red marker. I definitely recommend him over a new factory one if your's is looking rough!

Since it was a fairly long drive, Me and my mate who lives around that area we headed to some roads near stow... It was the first time I managed to give the car a decent "spirited" drive down some B roads, and i must admit... I loved every second of it. Also getting much better at heel/toe, really allows you to keep the momentum and power out of corners! The car was spotless yesterday when I washed it, Not so much now... Utter FILTH.

DSC_0006_zps36a7a715.jpg

Lastly, My older brother drives a saxo 1.1... And since being in my car and me letting him have a small go... Well let's just say I converted him into a proper car guy! See more of that on Tuesday :wink: :smile:

Haha thanks, I love it. The alcantara feels so nice haha! Better than getting a new factory one. He's based in Aylesbury :smile:

so u converted ur little brother to proper spots cars??glad to hear that..the wheel look very cool..have been looking/searching their web site myself yesterday...
not far from me which is a bonus...
how did u find the autoglym products??

so u converted ur little brother to proper spots cars??glad to hear that..the wheel look very cool..have been looking/searching their web site myself yesterday...
not far from me which is a bonus...
how did u find the autoglym products??

aylesbury is near to London [MENTION=41063]Pav[/MENTION] thought you were Manchester??

My Older brother :tongueout: Yeah tuesday will be an update on what he got :wink: Yeah it's really nice, personally I think it was worth it :smile: I bought the Autoglym bag, comes with a lot of those products from halfords.. It ain't cheap tho!

yeah sorry mate...googled it and made a mistake..missed a letter in the postcode...
would have to send them my old wheel in exchange for the new one...

been looking to get some of their stuff...just used a last bit of my Meguier's sealant so looking to get a replacement...thanks

Yeah there products seem pretty decent, but i'm gonna start trying different products too see if there is really much of a difference in brands...

Since my autogylm body shampoo has ran out, thought i'd try a new product. Looks the part, but lets see if it's any good...

DSC_0014_zps3b17dcf5.jpg

So finally an update, Haven't really done anything to my car apart from keeping it clean. But my brother picked up his car the other week, it was a long drive from the west Midlands to Brighton, all motorway. :thumb1:

Anyways it's a Red 197, around the 40k miles mark, the red paint looks amazing in the sun. We've already bebadged it fully and added White Interior LED's. It came with a black front badge (he's adding a back one soon) and pressed plates but with reg holders which we're getting rid of and finally exhaust tips which the clips are rusted on... It's a great clean car and i'm sure he's loving it over his 1.1 saxo. I've noticed his brakes bite a lot harder than mine, so i'm going to upgrading mine soon!

When we got it back we gave a good proper clean, cause it looked clean, till we started at the alloys, the amount of crap behind was staggering, after one alloy... The dirty bucket.

- ALL PHOTOS TAKEN WITH PHONE -

DSC_0017_zpsvqnmfas5.jpg

DSC_0019_zps73yqphax.jpg

DSC_0014_zpsgifxakv7.jpg

Anyways, her she is...

DSC_0037_zps6oxhcpld.jpg

DSC_0039_zps0gnzjntt.jpg

DSC_0011_zpsknuiaekg.jpg

DSC_0013_zpsquchqeap.jpg

Cleannnnn

DSC_0021_zpshpnhaz58.jpg

Thought why not clean my car while we're at it! Used that new MER shampoo, bubbles up nicely.

DSC_0026_zpswzhcybqk.jpg

DSC_0023_zpspzsizdfm.jpg

DSC_0035_zpsvyfhuwqv.jpg

DSC_0043_zpswgpxuidp.jpg

And finally most of the products we used

DSC_0052_zps4jhjvvvf.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice addition to your family!

Them rear lights dont have reflectors so will fail mot you might want to know. The car they come off have reflectors in the rear bumper...

if his brakes bite harder than yours, yours probably just need a clean and a bit of grease, and they will be like new. especialy the front ones. it isnt worth throwing money away, maybe you should just try with cleaning them for a start, and the you can still upgrade if you wont be satisfied. great cars, both of them btw.

I quite like the tail lights on my brothers, he bought it with them on, Didn't know they would fail though. Well i've been planning on getting new grooved disc's all around and new pads anyway :smile:

It's been a while! Thought i'd add some life to this thread. I've done a few things to the R27 since the last update.

Firstly I took the car for it's MOT in November, that was rather expensive to say the least. Both front lower ball joints where shot, so had them replaced. The rear pads where gone so I bought Ferodo Racing DS2500 pads paired with KTEC grooved disc's, with the help from my friend we got them fitted, but both rear calipers where seized, so two new ones where ordered and bolted on. While getting that done, I bought HEL red braided lines and Motul DOT 4 fluid. Front tyres where also due, I changed out the terrible cheap tyres it came with for Good year Eagle F1's, they make such a difference! Still need to get the rear tyres changed, the new Asymmetric 3's are out, so will go for those.

12183767_10153567169291858_2343011488810832971_o_zps5xu279ob.jpg

I didn't really do much to the car for while, over winter It kinda just got neglected. Now it's coming up to summer season, I wanted to give it some love. The rear diffuser was looking drab to say the least, the grey tatty plastic looked rather sh*t. Also with having new calipers, the hangers where tatty. So I decided to jack up the entire car and do it all in one go.

Hovercraft mode. (was planning to paint the front brembo's but ran out of time.)

IMG_20160526_132250_zpsxfpivr9q.jpg

When taking off the diffuser, one of the bolts was completely rusted and fell off with the slightest turn.

Obligatory f*ck you photo.

IMG_20160526_133436_zpscb8t8gqh.jpg

I then had the job of removing the rest of the thread which was welded to the bracket.

IMG_20160526_190744_zpsq1ezyxad.jpg

13308417_10154015279901858_4536962369558138964_o_zpse7magpn3.jpg

I had no tool for this, so bought a new Dremmel, what was supposed to be a easy take off and spray costed me £70. Least i have a new tool to add to the collection.

IMG_20160526_191043_zpsvbwlywdl.jpg

IMG_20160526_194119_zpsipdszrvb.jpg

Right, with that all done out the way, now for what I came to do... With the diffuser off the car, I cleaned it with iron X and then gave it a sand.

IMG_20160526_133743_zpsajac0b9f.jpg

IMG_20160526_155547_zps5sv6zuqx.jpg

I sanded down the hangers using the dremmel, it made short work of it!

IMG_20160527_120151_zpsdjgu1led.jpg

While that had been painted and waiting to dry I thought the bullets could do with a refresh, so they came off aswell!

IMG_20160526_123604_zpssz60c9sb.jpg

The finished results!

IMG_20160526_182327_zpsqbxhcaw1.jpg

IMG_20160526_202952_zpswv6yvn3s.jpg

They are red! Just look orange :')

IMG_20160527_141535_zpsusbn5vjl.jpg

So that's it for now! But there's still a bunch I still want to do with it! Gearbox has decided it wants some attention and the dreaded 4th gear crunch has came about, car is just under 70k miles. So it's probably due. I also want to get DS2500 front pads and new disc's. New alloys are on the list, found the ones i'm going for... But you'll just have to wait for them :wink:

IMG_20160529_174103_zpspd7iumxb.jpg

*All photo's where taken with my OnePlus 2 phone, chuffed to bits with it.*

well done..good job on them calipers..mine are due this summer...the difuser came up nice too...keep it up :thumbup1: