The dreaded gearbox problems have began

Iv been out in my cup this morning and it keeps snatching/crunching into 4th gear not every time I change gear and only on the up shift, does this sound like I'll be replacing the gearbox or is there a common fault like cables or anything that you guys know of ?

My 200 was perfect, crunched coming down into 3rd completely out of the blue, and it has done it everyday since, now when going up to...

new box under warranty on Wednesday lol

there was no signs of it before hand, just started.

Hopefully your oil change will help, but IMO I think it's new box time.

Mines in Thursday for a new box. Again just started before Christmas out of nowhere. 50k on a 2008 cup. So not too bad. Sticking an rsc Europe box in. We shall see.

when i first got my clio it crunched going into 3rd on the upshift so i changed the oil last month and if i just change gear a little slower it doesn't crunch now and feels fine. it sounds stupid but it could be how you change gear too.

when i first got my clio it crunched going into 3rd on the upshift so i changed the oil last month and if i just change gear a little slower it doesn't crunch now and feels fine. it sounds stupid but it could be how you change gear too.

if a gearbox is 100% it should never crunch changing gear and should still not crunch even if you change gear rapidly...

Could be but iv been changing gears since I started driving the car and it's only recently started iv owned the car for a year now, just been out again drove for half hr to let the box warm up a little and all seemed well until I want to go fast then it crunches into 4th, I'll change the oil tmoz if I get time, fingers crossed

Take it it's the synchros that wear/fail in these boxes because if I shift slow it's much better but on a fast shift it really cracks into gear as if there not meshing in cleanly

Take it it's the synchros that wear/fail in these boxes because if I shift slow it's much better but on a fast shift it really cracks into gear as if there not meshing in cleanly

it is!

gearbox isn't bad to strip and you only need a few pullers to get the shafts apart - think the synchros bualk rings are like £25-ish a piece

i have this issue but its on the downshifts from 5th or 4th into 3rd. now i can do a trackday and it will be crunching but they all of a sudden it will stop. Im changin the oil first to redline and will know by the 17th of march haha

Why oh why oh why do you need to replace the box?? It's just a worn synchro by the sounds of it.
When I did my conversion I had my box fully rebuilt with ALL new synchros and bearings. Cost £160 for all genuine parts! And that made the gearbox like brand new!

Out with the old oil, looks pretty crappy for gear oil but it's the nicest smelling gear oil iv ever sniffed

any metal filings in it?

I wonder if splitting the box and wielding a big magnet in to catch and spent metal would help at all.

Can you get a magnetic gearbox oil plug? Like the engine oil plug one?

Not sure tbh, i'm sure a magnet would help most tho along with a oil change.