is this normal or is it the dreaded gearbox or clutch :(

hi noticed since i bought the car that when going down gears it goes perfectly into first but say for instance that if i came to some lights took it out of gear then went to put it into first sometimes its really stubborn to go into gear sometimes its easy although most of the time quite awkward to go into gear it only seems to be first though. ive recently had my gearbox oil changed and had my clutch slave cylinder bled and still no joy :worried: is it just a clio thing or has anyone got a solution :smile:

Mines the same after having a new gearbox fitted.

Does loosen up after a while.

Mine does this and is rather annoying but just think its part of the linkage stiff or just because its so close together

cold can be normal that but once warm it should go in gear especially first easy....

put it into another gear and then go into first again, it should go in then.

Have you changed the brake fluid totally, I know Chris 200 bled his and it came back. I have the same problem as you, it has been diagnosed as the clutch fingers have perhaps gone soft, so even though the clutch does not drag, it does not clear fully. A quick test is turn the engine off put the clutch in and see if it goes through all the gears, if so it's clutch not box. The cheapest possible fix is a proper fluid and bleed, it could also be the slave cylinder, but first I would give it a good bleed. You are looking at £500 to put a new clutch in minimum.

i payed a garage to do it so wouldn't be 100 % as had a bit of trouble with the garage i used and now heard from friends that the garage is known for not doing jobs properly :worried: ill try the turn engine off in a minute :smile: in all fairness over the past few days its been getting better could be the new fluid ?