The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
Can anyone identify this exhaust? I got it on my 200 and the previous owner just said it's a "Cup" exhaust coming from the UK...quite good quality, but unknown origin/producer (no badges whatsoever). Nice sound, but at 2000-2500 rpm you get a really bad droning :confused:

2.jpg

Thats a Gravity cat back. I've had mine for about 2.5 years and its pretty knackered now, the weld on the Y section is split.

Reactions: Albert540
Thanks. Do you know how it compares to other cat backs? I'd like to understand if that drone (and the general loudness) is common for other exhausts as well...

Thanks. Do you know how it compares to other cat backs? I'd like to understand if that drone (and the general loudness) is common for other exhausts as well...

TBH if you put an exhaust on a car, its going to drone. Just a fact of life. People told me the Gravity doesn't drone but it definitely does have a bit when you're sat on the motorway. It's bareable, but the only way to get around it is to keep the stock system.

What about leaving the stock center pipe/resonator and replacing only the rear muffler? Not a very popular option, I know, but I wonder if it could be some sort of fine balance between excess noise/drone and the standard "muted" exhaust.

TBH if you put an exhaust on a car, its going to drone. Just a fact of life. People told me the Gravity doesn't drone but it definitely does have a bit when you're sat on the motorway. It's bareable, but the only way to get around it is to keep the stock system.
Or spend time and money to find and buy an Akrapovic exhaust (they no longer make them). I am biased but it is one of the few exhausts for the 200 that does not have an obvious drone on motorways doing about 60 or 70 mph.

What about leaving the stock center pipe/resonator and replacing only the rear muffler? Not a very popular option, I know, but I wonder if it could be some sort of fine balance between excess noise/drone and the standard "muted" exhaust.
Free flow backbox with a a standard style centre box will probably sound raspy/hollow as anything imo. For the cost of the Gravity exhaust you could potentially fit it and see if you like it and revert back to OEM if you find it too much.