200: Test drive tomorrow

Don't tell my R26 but i've got a test drive in a clio 200 at 3pm tomorrow in swindon. Theres something about the dam Clio that keeps drawing me back lol.

Nothing is certain yet as i'de need to save a deposit.

The mileage on my R26 is steadily creaping up and the cam belt is due end of the year, So now seems a good time to look into a Clio 200.

I'll let you know how i get on tomorrow evening:thumbup:.

Make sure you spend the whole test drive with the revs between 5-7.5k rpm for maximum fun :tongueout:

Really like your R26 though a 200 will look just as nice.

Its just weather or not you can accept the drop in performance and mpg?

Thanks Noddie, It's going to be a hard decision. Any car can be eco though its just the way you drive it and i dont remember a massive difference between my R26 and 197 :smile:. I'm quite excited lol.

Well i've just got back and loved the 200, However i dont think i'm ready to leave my R26. Give it a couple of years and i can see me heading back towards a clio 200 or the new RS clio when it comes out.

Things i prefer about the clio 200 are:
The engine, Although there completely different so its hard to compare really. I was suprised how well the 200 picked up from low revs to i was expecting it to feel lifeless after my R26s 300ibft of torque. The 200 i went out in had only done 270 miles and was started from cold so i could barely reach 6k let alone the red line.
Steering wheel, Might sound silly but i love how chunky it is.
Gear change, Really really short throw compared to me R26.
The looks, I actually really like the way the 200 looks which might suprise a few people lol, I love the front F1 style wing and the rear exhausts. I'm not sure if i prefer the looks to my R26 both have there plus points.

Things i prefer about my R26 are:
The torque, Any gear any revs it go's lol.
LSD, Aim at the apex plant right foot.
Seats, Although the 200 i went out in never had Recaro's.
Cabin size, My R26 deffinetly felt a bit bigger inside.

I'm almost certain in a year to a year and a halfs time i'll have a clio 200 sat outside. Preferably all black:thumbup:.

i had a 197 tried the big turbo and £1000'00's of ££ later i have a Clio in the garage :smile:

Clio N/a FTW

Another thing i prefer about the clio 200 is the insurance.
Currently its £850 for my modified R26, For a standard clio 200 it would be............ £430:thumbup:

insurance is cheap on my 200 as well. Pay around £500.

Its a win win situation... get involved! :smile:

The Vxr had to be dragged away from me kicking and screaming lol

But after having the Clio a month i would no change it back

Similar Thread Suggestions