Cheeky Test Drive

Jamz72

Paid Member
http://www.rybrook.co.uk/mini/used-cars/8160/mini-john-cooper-works/

Those pictures don't do it justice - it's such a gorgeous car in the metal :drool:

Pretty quick too! Steering felt solid and precise but the car kept jumping everywhere and tugging at the steering along the country lanes we drove. Would be perfect for the track.

Exhaust only popped and crackled once but sounded amazing when it did. Such a cool little car :thumbsup:

Lovely cars! Even the R53 GP is an awesome car.

The R56 turbo engines are brilliant.

Brilliant cars, have driven the new and the old one. Prefer the older one but the new one is a nice place to be!

Yeah I have always been a quiet fan of the GP1's too. And they do seem to hold their value quite well for their age.

I always find test drives frustrating because it's difficult to get a proper feel for a car on a 15-20 min drive with a white-faced sales rep gripping the door handles for dear life sitting next to you :lol: I always come away undecided with how much I like the car.

Yeah they were limited to 2000. I thought the one I drove was #1 out of 2000 but apparently they didn't actually number any of the GP2's! Shame. It was a press car owned by Mini and so has probably been given to every car magazine/tv show going.

It will definitely be on my list of potential replacements when it's time to sell the Clio though :smile:

I was wondering why you test drove one.

Potential replacement car? :cool:

Yeah I have always been a quiet fan of the GP1's too. And they do seem to hold their value quite well for their age.

I always find test drives frustrating because it's difficult to get a proper feel for a car on a 15-20 min drive with a white-faced sales rep gripping the door handles for dear life sitting next to you :lol: I always come away undecided with how much I like the car.

Yeah they were limited to 2000. I thought the one I drove was #1 out of 2000 but apparently they didn't actually number any of the GP2's! Shame. It was a press car owned by Mini and so has probably been given to every car magazine/tv show going.

It will definitely be on my list of potential replacements when it's time to sell the Clio though :smile:
All gp2's are numbered 1. Apparently you can call mini and get a number estimate from the build date. I think you can then order the correct number. Hate to think of the cost though.

I was wondering why you test drove one.

Potential replacement car? :cool:

Aha yeah possibly at some point in the future. Still love the Clio and not a chance of me getting rid before the forum 'ring trip :bounce:

£22k is pretty pricey. I'm sure they will gradually drop in price though

£22,000 for any hot hatch seems a huge amount. For me personally, if I had that kind of money floating about it'd go towards my house fund and have £12-15k for something equally good just a bit older. (not just another, hey get a 200sx and go drifitng for £2k comment)

My point should have been aimed at new cars in general I think, if you've got it then go for it.

Also I should add, for me the mini, no matter what form it is in, still has a slightly girly stigmatism attached to it.

Nice cars.

Parents had a standard cooper s as a spare car, recently changed to a cooper s clubman.

They move in a straight line but didn't find either nearly as good as the clio in the corners.

They're great looking cars, very rare, and I like the fact that it's a proper, focused driver's car. But despite all that, it's still mega expensive for a 2-seater Mini!

Surely that's better than being branded a chav for driving a clio!

A girl or a chav, I've been called both for driving a Clio haha. The 197 hasn't yet fallen into the chav bracket yet in my eyes. With prices dropping daily it won't be long though. Although what isn't 'chav' these days?

Also,

Don't look at the abarth 500 biposto with all the options.....

£53k

Ok I won't. Absolutly nuts jeez.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ocsltd Gallery 5
Drummond21 Gallery 2
C Gallery 5
Gareth_197 Gallery 3
Deaks General Chat 19