tempted by the turbo of an other

went to get two tyres fitted and ended up test driving a brandnew corsa vxr nurburg, the new one, with the brembo brakes same as our clios, its also got a limited slip diff, 205 bhp, and 280pft on high boost, opened the taps up after she was all warmed up, and its a completly diffrent beast to the clio 197, there doing 0% apr, and have offered me nearly 2500k off a new one because of this partnership thing there doing, offered me 5k for my 56plate.

dont worry tho i said no!!!! after i went on piston heads and saw what 20k can buy......

ps it was the chilli orange i test drove, it a nice colour i think.

http://www.pistonheads.com/doc.asp?c=52&i=24788

Last edited:
If Emma would let me have one I'd buy it in a heartbeat. Can't fit the pram in the boot so it's outta the question for a few years anyway.

Also on the brakes. I read that they ain't as good as the 200 brakes somehow? Smaller maybe?

oh still the 1.6 engine blimey they're pushing it to its limits then surely,guy i new when i was posted to oxford had a corsa vxr with a low pressure turbo and his gf miss shifted and blew it somehow,i took it for a drive and in all fairness its really fast handles like poo and you have to change up at 30,000 rpm

oh still the 1.6 engine blimey they're pushing it to its limits then surely,guy i new when i was posted to oxford had a corsa vxr with a low pressure turbo and his gf miss shifted and blew it somehow,i took it for a drive and in all fairness its really fast handles like poo and you have to change up at 30,000 rpm

if your on about the corsa vxr handling like poo then i'm afriad u are wrong, they handle very well indeed

i disagree mate put your foot down and it pulls to one sidebhave to counter steer

new one got a fancy diff, and bilsten handling kit, 20mm lower than standard vxr, am afraid to say they realy have stepped the game up since there last atempt.

im not syaing they dont however this one i drove was practically pulling to the other side of the road

i disagree mate put your foot down and it pulls to one sidebhave to counter steer

I'm gonna agree with Jonesy on this one mate. I owned a Corsa VXR for a year and definately didnt find this problem. Even had the opportunity to drive a few of them around the track and have to say that they aint much slower than the 200.

The one you drove must have had tracking issues or it was an Astra VXR.

...I am very tempted by the VXR N'ring....so much so I dear not go into the VX dealers as I might end up with one.....

The nurburgring one is a great improvement over the original corsa vxr. But it's still not an astra vxr.

it would have to be better than the old one my wife had the 1.4 SRI and i broke everything on it including the engine i was so happy to see the bloody thing lol but the new car is completely different (so they tell me lol).:thumbsup:

it would have to be better than the old one my wife had the 1.4 SRI and i broke everything on it including the engine i was so happy to see the bloody thing lol but the new car is completely different (so they tell me lol).:thumbsup:

The SRi aint no VXR though :huh:

I agree 100% a friend of mine had a bathurst but after the diff and clutch going he sold it i just think they don't make engines as strong as other manufactures.
that being said they look and sound fantastic.

i test drove a normal vxr and i cant really say it set my world on fire. i was going from an integra type r, but is seemed really boring and slow. id be interested in seeing if the n'ring is better, by the spec it really should be a close call against the clio.

but heres the thing vauxhall have had to basicly mod the vxr to even keep up with the cup so it kinda shows which car is better in the first place lol

i test drove a normal vxr and i cant really say it set my world on fire. i was going from an integra type r, but is seemed really boring and slow. id be interested in seeing if the n'ring is better, by the spec it really should be a close call against the clio.

but heres the thing vauxhall have had to basicly mod the vxr to even keep up with the cup so it kinda shows which car is better in the first place lol

The VXR was actually compete with the 197. Since the 200 is a newer car then old VXR vs. new 200 is unfair?

Im seriously tempted by one of these in that orange!! Looks sweet as! plus easy to modify and sound great! might pop to vauxhall after work......