Tempted to buy green clio 200 with cup package, opinions. Pics inside!

Antti O

Gold Member
Hi again !

Little backround: I had great clio 197 nimbus full fat between 2011-2014.
Now i am looking clio 200 for my second / weekend car for fun driving.

There is one example for sale which i am interested and i have some information about car.

- "Full fat version"
- Cup package, recaros, auto a/c, cruise.. no other extras.
- 90.000kilometres
- Gearbox has been replaced because syncros in renault
- FSH from renault
- 1. owner from new (seller)
- Center silencer delete, but seller says he can bolt silencer back
- Racing brake fluids

What you think about it?
Is that colour Alien green? Seller wrote that is "Lotus Green"? How desireble this colour is, i think it is some kind of special paint for special price, metallic or not?
Are those recaros worn in the yellow portion or it is just dirt which i can clean with my interior washing machine?
Another problem for me is that car has cup suspension. Roads here are quite bad, all kind of bumps and grooves and potholes. Should i steer away and look for non-cup version? My ex 197 was with normal suspension and it was real thrill to drive in b-roads even it has normal suspension. I liked it.
I have never drove car with cup package. How extreme go-kart it is? I got different car for daily driving..

Here is couple of pics seller sent me:

medium

medium

medium

Last edited:
It sounds like a decent enough example. FF with Cup chassis is a nice combination. What year of registration is it? Yes it is Alien Green, not sure how rare it is, but imo is a desirable colour.

The Recaros don't look worn, it could just be a stain or maybe even just a trick of the photo. If it is a stain, I'm sure it will clean out.

If you like the sound of it, go and have a look and test drive :smile:

It sounds like a decent enough example. FF with Cup chassis is a nice combination. What year of registration is it? Yes it is Alien Green, not sure how rare it is, but imo is a desirable colour.

The Recaros don't look worn, it could just be a stain or maybe even just a trick of the photo. If it is a stain, I'm sure it will clean out.

If you like the sound of it, go and have a look and test drive :smile:
hi mate. Looks nice. I have Alien Green with cup chassis. It is a rare colour £1200 paint option. Goin on the renaultsport heritage site, apart from storm grey the green has the lowest number of units sold. And more desirable with the cup chassis. It's a hard ride but in my opinion adds to the handling and drive immensely . Hope you go for it.

I just found another example which to look for..

http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/272557231?asrc=st|as

What do you say, that is some kind of special edition 200?

yup. that is a 20th anniversary edition to celebrate 20 years of renault clio production. you could order this special version on every clio, not just the RS (well, you could in belgium.). the RS only came in ice white with a deep black roof. it had anthracite door mirrors and front spoiler lip, an uprated stereo system, tom tom navigation, leather (?) clad dashboard with visible stitching, carbon console (not sure if it's real carbon) and interior accents, lots of 20th anniversary badges.

here's a link with lots of pictures of a detailed one ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/wax-it/sets/72157625512751572/

the one you're looking at, is a cup (red brembo's). but it looks to me that it's been lowered (springs maybe?). so maybe not so good for you, if you think a cup's already too hard for your finnish roads.

That car dont have any kind of adjustment of steering wheel, how big problem that will be?

depends a bit on how tall you are. i'm 1.88m and bought a steering wheel spacer from an italian member here on the forum. best mod i ever bought. it brings the oem steering wheel five centimeters closer to your chest, without losing the use the cruise control buttons on the wheel.

also, a quick comment on the alien green one. in the first picture it looks to be on spacers. not so in the second photo.

i see you're looking for a german RS. when i was looking for one, i noticed there aren't many unmodified RS's over there (spacers being a popular mod). not sure if that's a problem for you? in the end i was lucky and found a low mileage unmodded belgian car.

Last edited:
Correct. We dont have clios for sale Finland. So i have to hunt good one from Germany.
Spacers can be removed ?
Ouch that is not good thing with white it is lowered. One option is to find original cup chassis springs, but it is just more hassle with installation, alingment etc..
I think that suspension modification can be dealbreaker in this case.. search continues. Green one is still most interesting.
Green seller said he can put car so standard as possible if i am interested to buy it.

Last edited:
Seller says there is absolute no adjustment in steering wheel, even in up/down vertical adjustment. Even my old Clio 197 had up/down adjustment. How this is possible? Seller said that steering wheel adjustment is only cars which have keyless start button. We have up/down adjustment in our 1.6 dynamique too..
I did look 2 another cars in mobile.de which were sale by used car dealers. In the advertisement there was information that both of the cup cars do have up/down adjustment in steering wheel. What i think that cars with cup package do only have up/down adjustment in steering wheel, and full fat cars do have that 1 adjustment more (reach/rake) whatever?

Last edited:
I found this:

One of the deciding factors that ruled the 'pure' Cup version for me was the lack of rake and reach adjustable steering wheel on the Cup (which only has rake adjustment), I just couldn't quite find the right driving position. That said for more regular use I do appreciate the standard 200 (with cup pack), I've got very used to keyless entry and start and I do use the cruise control. The slightly softer touch dash is nice but I've only touched it once to go "oh that's quite nice and rubbery", after that it's just a dash

Similar Thread Suggestions