taxing cars

ryan197

POW right in the kisser
Platinum Member
im due to tax the clio but my insurance cover note is electronic, so would need to print it off, but i look on the goverment site and it says they wont accept these. any one menaged to get away with doing this. any help appreciated

Hmm.

An emailed / downloaded cover note is no less 'real' than one they printed.

I would be surprised if they didn't accept a printed document - in fact I've done exactly that before. Also, how would they know?? There's nothing special about a posted insurance document, except it's been through the post.

Although online is better and you dont have to queue up and waste your lunch break.

Hmm.

An emailed / downloaded cover note is no less 'real' than one they printed.

I would be surprised if they didn't accept a printed document - in fact I've done exactly that before. Also, how would they know?? There's nothing special about a posted insurance document, except it's been through the post.

Although online is better and you dont have to queue up and waste your lunch break.

not only that just look at the "new" mot cert - just an a4 piece of paper - look like something made up at home!!!!

just take it and do it :wiz:

Ring them up, they email you the exact certificate they would send you in the post, only difference is that it's come out of your printer not theirs :smile:

I've had to do it 3 times in 3 months haha

so long as it says "CERTIFICATE OF MOTOR INSURANCE" you'll be fine, I tax dozens of cars a month and its always fine. Fax/Email/original, its no problem.

Online if its a renewal is the easiest way though, saves looking out docs, only need the V5 for document number.

all mine have been sent via email and i have always printed it out and used the printed copy at the post office. Any who is with adrian flux will know what i mean

ive done it now, i went to do it online at work, but for some reason the directgov/dvla page was coming up as not available as they were doing maintenance on the page. but when i went to the same page on my iphone it was working, so did it on my iphone. cheers for your help anyway

I understand that the post office can now check your details online that you have insurance/MOT etc making taxing not taxing.

Similar Thread Suggestions