Taking food on a plane?

As above really, Can you take any food on a plane?

Can you take your own food like a homemade tuna pasta or will it have to be bought after check in?

Food is fine mate just no liquids pop it in ure hand luggage. I usually do this cus i refuse to pay £20 + for slop on a tray lol

There are lots of regulations about what you can bring into the UK through customs, but not a lot on what you can take out. This all depends what you think you will have left when you get to the other side and on the specific import rules for the country you are travelling to.

Food is fine mate just no liquids pop it in ure hand luggage. I usually do this cus i refuse to pay £20 + for slop on a tray lol

You dont have to pay if you travel in style! :wink:

Ryanair will charge you for the toilet, let alone food lol.

Lmao when i travel abroad i go with the cheapest option unless some1 else is paying lol

I am sure plane food is just posh dog food. Try a 12 hour flight, you get two and half courses of the s**t then! :scared:

Off to the states in June, just praying BAs food is better than Virgins.

Didn't realise you could take your own though, I'm usually hungry the second you can smell them warming it up, and then you have a half hour wait til you get it!

I have never been on a long enough Flight to get given food, only ever been given a biscuit and a cup of coffee lol

I went to Australia with Emirates and the food was great! Especially when they cocked up what I asked for and bought me a meal on a plate out of first class with proper knifes and forks, not the usually plastic crap! They came round in the night with sarnies too, but I was sleeping, so missed them! That was a good few years ago mind, might have changed now.

Long haul wise i flew with Continental last week for a weekend in NYC, the reason i chose them was because when we went with them in 2008 the food / service was great, this time it was tasteless and not very nice at all. Wont be travelling with them again.

2009 Virgin food was alright, though in flight entertainment system was abit crap, all films started at set times, so if you missed the start you was knackered, or if you watched a short film you had to wait for the next lot to start :worried:

British Airways was great all round, though that was 2007 so again, could have changed.

Last few times I've flown I've grabbed food in the departure lounge and taken it on. Burger King, Domino's in Mexico (that got some envious stares!).

Went to Vegas last oct with virgin, the whole flight was terrible. Most of the entertainment sets played up. They ran out of every drink apart from tea and coffee about 3 hours into the flight. And as for food, there were 3 choices, but by half way down the plane they were running out which left the choice of vegetarian slop or nothing!

Since found out virgin excell on certain routes but the Vegas route isn't one of them, hence booking with ba.

Went to Vegas last oct with virgin, the whole flight was terrible. Most of the entertainment sets played up. They ran out of every drink apart from tea and coffee about 3 hours into the flight. And as for food, there were 3 choices, but by half way down the plane they were running out which left the choice of vegetarian slop or nothing!

Since found out virgin excell on certain routes but the Vegas route isn't one of them, hence booking with ba.

Its was a Vegas flight that i was on - makes sense why mine was so rubbish if thats the case! :glare:

Long haul wise i flew with Continental last week for a weekend in NYC, the reason i chose them was because when we went with them in 2008 the food / service was great, this time it was tasteless and not very nice at all. Wont be travelling with them again.

The company that supplies Continental has completely changed since you last travelled.