tailpipe trim clamps are crap

Just a quick heads up ,lost one of my tailpipe trims yesterday.

Mrs noticed it when we got back from our pub lunch,all that was left was a rotten clamp dangling.If you have these it's worth a check on the clamps.

I managed to get the other one off so it didn't look silly at the arse end.

Now deciding wether to get some more not sure i like it without might grow on me though we'll see.

Phil

Im with Gaz on this one. Think the standard slash trims look better than the RS trims.

I've just been out and cleaned them up as they were crappy where the trims had been on and i must say you are right looks much better without:thumbup1:

I never really thought about it really as they were on when i got it.

A blessing indeed i'm converted

Last edited:
keep the original ones clean & they look fine, a little chrome rim would be cool to install on them though i reckon

Mine are nice and snug, not moved a MM since I put them on althought they're now more of a dirt/soot colour.

Contemplating taking them off to be honest, sometimes I think they look smart and sometimes I'm not so sure...

I much prefer mine with them. They have to be fitted really snug and kept clean though. TBH its personal preference. Some love them some hate them, a bit like the cup spoilers/splitters.

go with same as me, nip into local custom exhaust provider... get some slash cut DTM (same as rs focus) or in chappos eyes 'Monster' exhaust haha

imo looks awesome with the diffuser...

see below for a pic

Last edited:
Love my rs tips but got to make sure you get the clamps on behind the diffuser or you end up looking like a tool!!

I love my RS exhaust tips too and mine are sticking out just enough. If they stick out too far they look terrible and I agree. It's all in the fitting! Ha ha! I had one of mine come loose, so tightened them both up again not too long ago.

Sorry, but I don't like the DTM/Focus RS style ones. :worried:

I think it's a bit overkill for the rest of the styling.