Syron StreetRace

How much did you pay for fitting? Garages around here all want £20 a tyre. Might have to try these next after the RE050A's i've just ordered.

How much did you pay for fitting? Garages around here all want £20 a tyre. Might have to try these next after the RE050A's i've just ordered.

The place I use charges £10 per tyre to fit. £20 seems a bit extortionate to me.
The RE050A is a brilliant tyre. If I can't get the RE070 (basically a track tyre) again when I'm changing it will be RE050A for me.

£12 a tyre I paid. Places are becoming funny though, because the tyres aren't bought from the garage that fitted them, they weren't 100% they'd fit them. Which is wrong, I'm still paying money to fit them.

Have you just put the new tyres on the front Matt?

Well....I don't think these are going to last a normal 10,000 miles.... They're like a SuperSoft Compound with heat in.

Right Update. Driven a fair amount on them today in the dry 21+ degrees.

First impressions? Brilliant tyre! As said above, they're fine in the wet, but perfect in the Dry! very direct steering and sharp. They're taking a little getting use to atm, I'm running 32psi all round, and I think it needs to drop to 30psi, definitely on the rear, flatten them a little more onto the road surface.

theyre a silent tyre given ive driven on a few different road surfaces, it's just when you hit 1-2 different surfaces they're pretty noisy like an r888, it's only certain surfaces though, other than that they're quiet for day to day driving.

The first 10-20 miles on them I was a little worried, they seemed to be scrubbing up quite quickly, which panicked me a little, thought they weren't going to last as an everyday tyre, but they're scrubbed in and now they're perfect, think it was just the first layer of the greasy rubbish coating coming off them. So all in all, I don't think there's a better tyre out there for the money. I'm impressed with them and they're defiantly a side step from the AD08's. can't comment on how they'll hold up on track against the AD08 compound until i test them in Sept at Combe.

I have had a set fitted now for almost 1 month now. Fitted them as I was going to the nurburgring at the start of August. They performed better than I thought they would at the ring. They started to go off (but not a huge amount) around 3/4 into the lap. I had them at 35psi and they seemed good at this, tried dropping the pressure down and this made them a lot worse! (more under-steer) The rears are still looking pretty new after around 1500 miles most of this has been to the ring and back. I did 9 laps in total over the weekend and I say the fronts have about 2.5mm left on them but they still are giving plenty of grip. It's difficult for me to give a comparison as I have not done any track work on other track day tyres. I was parked next to an A3 at the ring who had the AD08 fitted and these felt a lot more sticky than the Syron's to the touch but I don't know what they where like on the track. If you are looking at them I would give them a go as for a cheep tyre they are pretty good!

35psi! plus they'd be getting more pressure in them the further into the lap. i ran mine at 32psi and found that too much. dropped the rears to 30psi to flatten them to the road a little. mine are still scrubbing in atm so cant give a really good comparison, but the ad08'd do seem to give more direct/confident grip, but again the ad08's i wore right down and found them gettign better the less tread they had with less movement. i wouldnt have paid the full amount for them what they command in this county. £110 each? id buy the ad08's, but for the price these are delivered from germany, you cant buy better. will give a better review once ive put more mileage on them. thats a good review of them so far :smile: good to know what they perform like at the ring. keep us updated what theyre like on the last few MM, with the less tread movement etc.

I did drop them to 35psi after a lap and to be fair they hadn't gone up loads, from memory they where about 42. They weren't as good once I dropped them down so once they'd gone cold I put them back up again. I guess that's all how they feel on the day. Next time I do a track day I'll have a play with the pressures to see what works. I gave £80 each from tyre traders, which is a bit more than on the bay but I had them in my hand there and then. Will do, like I said they're still hanging on to everything I throw at them with no tyre scream or scrub.

So far Kev, yes definitely. But I want to do a bit more mileage on them first to scrub them in fully then I'll give another comparison over the ad08's. but so far, yes, I will buy them again :smile:

I was tempted by them for mine (225/40-18) 8) £96 each from tyretraders - but needed a more all round tyre due to having to use the car all the time now
so went to the bridgestone re50a :rain:

Last edited:
These are a good all round tyre tbh, I'm impressed, it handles the wet weather well. Obv I wouldn't go pushing it, but as for sensible rainy day driving, it's good

So today I've just had fitted the Syron Race 1. Pick my car up tomorrow and can't wait to see what these are like.

You guys cant be serious about this!?

@the guys Who have them: whats Your Track experience and which times on Track are we talking here !?

This tyre got a... Sad smile and nothing more over here.

To be fair, ive never driven them by myself.

Theres a test/commercial Video on the Tube of them and is hilarious. The Interviewer Who cant even speak proper german asks a guy about the tires Performance - which has obviously no ****ing clue about what hes talking.

And thats an official Video of them.

At first he was like

Then he was like

How about you try them yourself then.

Tehehe, i give you that ;-)

BUT i was just giving some stuff ive heard over here to you Anyway. Take it or leave IT. Or bester. Make your own experience so i can use it ;-)

@the guys Who have them: whats Your Track experience and which times on Track are we talking here !?

Theres a test/commercial Video on the Tube of them and is hilarious. The Interviewer Who cant even speak proper german asks a guy about the tires Performance - which has obviously no ****ing clue about what hes talking.

on a similar note I did see some comments about the tyres on a review site and they were removed as they were from the makers apparently!!!

you don't have to be putting in lap times to justify using them? Some people just do track time as a thrill with no cameras and more safety.

Anyway, every tire has 'bad' experiences, but for £266 delivered for 4, there's no reason not to try them out, and they've turned out to be a great tyre tbh, I'm really happy with them.

Will be giving them a testing on track next month, but as for the road atm, they're not far behind the AD08's