Syron StreetRace

Yup. Then can finish the other 1.5mm off on a set of track wheels.

Bump on this thread. How is everyone finding them? I'm loving them so far. A little softer than the ad08's and the wear rate is quicker, but I'm guessing that's due to the less tread from new anyway

I'm pretty much done with the front pair now, new set arrived the other day and just waiting to get fitted.

You can notice the difference now there close to the wear markers, there seems to be more scrubbing on turn in where before there was just grip. It's now better to drive with the traction off as it stops it cutting in as it thinks your in trouble! Don't get me wrong there is still a lot of grip there but I can feel the difference now. I've probably done around 1700 miles on them which includes 9 laps of the ring which used a large percentage of the tread. I measured the ones that arrived and they are 5.6mm in the middle.

These are a brilliant tyre, but I think the AD08R will be going on mine next, had the AD08's, now these, and these are very fast wearing for everyday use. I've done around 2,000 miles on my Syron now and they're close to the markers. Obviously these have plenty of life left on them for track (which they are intended for)

so a brilliant tyre for the cost/grip and everything, brilliant. But I'd recommend for track orientated rather than a daily tyre.

perfect for a 'ring trip. Drive out, do laps and drive home. Then they'll just be fit for track only

tje yoko's or something like the RSR's you can see are more road friendly with the extra tread depth

Last edited:
These are a brilliant tyre, but I think the AD08R will be going on mine next, had the AD08's, now these, and these are very fast wearing for everyday use. I've done around 2,000 miles on my Syron now and they're close to the markers. Obviously these have plenty of life left on them for track (which they are intended for)

so a brilliant tyre for the cost/grip and everything, brilliant. But I'd recommend for track orientated rather than a daily tyre.

perfect for a 'ring trip. Drive out, do laps and drive home. Then they'll just be fit for track only

tje yoko's or something like the RSR's you can see are more road friendly with the extra tread depth
Blimey you've done a few mile in a short time, how did the track day go with them? Got mine on Friday, praying for dry weather!!

Don't ask... Was putting the new brake fluid in ready for my track day, while the wheels were off I thought I may as well clean them inside and out, and I fell down my garden step carrying my wheels, resulting in a broken ankle... :worried: