Syron StreetRace

I just think its difficult to say "its a good Tire"

And then to say "for this price they are good"

Probably we should just define our meaning of "good" a bit better before arguing against each other ;-)

No harm meant!

tyres and how they perform and feel is a very in some cases driver specific - some find the feel of certain tyres great whilst others don't...

I went from rs2 to re50a and to be honest they are grippy but don't inspire confidence like the rs2 did when warm....

Anyway, every tire has 'bad' experiences, but for £266 delivered for 4, there's no reason not to try them out, and they've turned out to be a great tyre tbh, I'm really happy with them.

thats exactly what i thought, haven't worn mine in yet but they feel like a decent tyre. more grip than what i expecting in the wet as well!!!

What are the sidewalls like? soft? hard?

If you put tyre black on them and went for a good, fast blast how much of the tyre black would be left on them?

This I did with the paradas and HALF of it was missing after, because of the soft side walls.

I've just fitted a pair of kumho V70's on the front and the side walls are like an 888, stiff, this also helps it steer great, noisey but great, the grip is good but I don't think they are going to last long so i'm looking at others, i'm ready to try a pair but its still an expensive (£130 expensive) gamble if they'll understeer and squeal everywhere.

Which v70 compound did you fit wayne?

I went for medium, but the guy sent me two different ones, I panicked a bit but on kumhos site is a long list and mine are both same even though one says K60 and the other K61

Trust me they dont squeal!! Ive been out in johns car (fredrickr26) a few times when he is running them, the grip levels are immense once they are up to temp on track, he runs hard up front and medium on the rear due to the extra weight and power from the meg on the fronts, they just seemed to keep gripping with virtually no squeal until they are right on the edge

Trust me they dont squeal!! Ive been out in johns car (fredrickr26) a few times when he is running them, the grip levels are immense

^^ are we still talking the syrons here? if so I think i'll give them a try.

Sorry Wayne, the kumhos, we got slightly OT once we started on about the v70s

I thought that, I confused myself getting involved with two threads at once :smiley: I still think the syrons look soft but I just nearly hit the buy it now button :smiley:

Syrons have 1 of the stiffest side walls I've seen. I've used them hard now, and there's no movement/soft sidewalls.

theyre brilliant

Should have taken the plunge for these. Kumho's haven't had great reviews.

Im around 500 miles + on these syrons now and they're just great

Combe next weekend on them :smile:

Last edited: