Syron StreetRace

What's the sidewalls like? soft?

They look a bargain and they look like they'll be 3 seconds a lap faster than anything else out there :smiley: but then so did the yokohama paradas I bought about 6 years ago (that were ****e)

Do I detect a hint of sarcasm there?! :smile:

Mine haven't arrived yet, hoping they will tomorrow. But I work away, so I won't see them until next weekend :worried:

cant wait to try them out, they'll have a direct comparison to my ad08's that'll be coming off

if they are as good as ADO8's then I might consider them but as far as I'm concerned the Yokos are the dogs :wink:

deff so a review against them :smile:

Hopefully get them fitted this afternoon, can't wait!! I currently have conti 3's on the front and Nexen N6000 on the rear!!! The Nexens came with the car.

So they are fitted!! Also got the tracking checked and it was 6mm toeing in, but now it's pulling to the left, so it will have to go back to get checked again!! But first impressions are they are quite!!

Not had chance to push them yet though.

So they are fitted!! Also got the tracking checked and it was 6mm toeing in, but now it's pulling to the left, so it will have to go back to get checked again!! But first impressions are they are quite!!

Not had chance to push them yet though.

with that setting it would of wiped your tyres off in no time!!!

at 6mm isn't something been bent perhaps?

I had a new track rod end put on by the place I bought it from, as they were trying to find a knock, I think they may have done a rush job and not checked the tracking!! As they put several bits on it and spent a fair bit on it trying to sort it, finally turned out to be the shocker.

So had these fitted since Thursday now and hadn't had much chance to push them as everyone and there dog was getting in my way. But this morning on way to work had a short window of opportunity.

So firstly they are quite! Hardly any road noise, but you do notice the small bumps a little more and it's louder when you go over them, I'm assuming this is due to the stuff side walls.

So when being pushed, the turn in is very sharp and pin point, you point the car and it will go!! Hit a large roundabout by me and on my old tyres there would be huge amounts of squeal and it felt like they were right on the limit of traction, these just kept gripping, with no squeal!! And even though when you thought it was starting to understeer you could put some more steering angle in and they would bite in and pull harder there the corner.

So far I am very impressed, love the reducing in noise and the grip levels.

You'll probably find they not even up to temperature too.

My ad08's are silent when cold/luke warm, still handle pretty well, but when they've got heat in them, they'll start to squeal, not as in a sliding squeal noise, but a sort of hard contact squeal and then you'll see the grip levels go even higher, go around the roundabout about 4-5 times at the same pace, and you should see the improvement. Just a little test.

with these sort of tyres too, it's very hard to scrub the sidewalls, and more so with the syrons, because there isn't a tread pattern to scrub off lol.

Having a mare with mine atm, the delivery got split up, 2 are at my house and the other 2 are still in Germany, they got lost in the warehouse, took me ages and loads of phone calls over to there to finally find my misplaced tyres.

So the other 2 should be here Wednesday'ish

Brilliant tyre! I haven't pushed them, or anything of a like. It's pretty bad rain atm. What I will say is driven tidy, they're a brilliant tyre, they can be easily used for everyday driving, if driven to the speed limits etc. they clear the water well, there's plenty of dispersal of the water. Very direct steering, so far, in the wet, they're on par with the AD08's.

road noise, quiet when cold, once warm they're pretty noisy lol. Not something that would bother you, just they can be heard. Suppose you don't buy these tyres with the intention of a quiet ride. Intact, I'd adds to the thrill of the loud exhaust/bumpy ride and tyres you know work very well :smile: