Supercharging Route?

Hi,

Been looking at superchargers and was wondering if it was worth attaching one to the N/A 200's engine for 240-250BHP? More so looking for Torque as I don't find it pully enough. Would it be worth it or just Megane Engine?

Supercharged would be epic but as far as I'm aware there is only one that works and even that one has had its share of issues.

Before that Mike spent a small fortune on his supercharged beast and ended up going turbo.

Bic at Streamline attempted it and gave up and the KTEC supercharged car used to belong to a lad called Sean who went through 3 engines trying to get it to work.

Your best bet is a meg engine. But either way you'll not be doing it cheap.

not too sure but wouldnt u have to forge some other parts of ur engine??giving it an extra 50bhp without upgrading pistons etc might cause some serious damage to ur engine,i would have thought...
if there is anything on the market that i have missed that would be great(without a conversion)..

Supercharged would be epic but as far as I'm aware there is only one that works and even that one has had its share of issues.

Before that Mike spent a small fortune on his supercharged beast and ended up going turbo.

Bic at Streamline attempted it and gave up and the KTEC supercharged car used to belong to a lad called Sean who went through 3 engines trying to get it to work.

I saw a black RS with 'Supercharged' on the side of it when I was down there with my TCE a while back. It was in the workshop in Verwood.

You guys reckon I should just slap some new cams on it then? Which would give the most torque?

I saw a black RS with 'Supercharged' on the side of it when I was down there with my TCE a while back. It was in the workshop in Verwood.

You guys reckon I should just slap some new cams on it then? Which would give the most torque?

that black one is the one I mean.

Cams are ok but by the time you've fitted and mapped them you've spent the best part of 1500 notes for 20bhp if your lucky.

You could get just about everything you need for a meg conversion for that.

that black one is the one I mean.

Cams are ok but by the time you've fitted and mapped them you've spent the best part of 1500 notes for 20bhp if your lucky.

You could get just about everything you need for a meg conversion for that.

How much would a meg conversion typically cost?

Have around £900 to spend at the moment, could save for a conversion if it's a tidy price.

£900 wouldn't even pay for labour I don't think.

Id say around 4-5k for an average conversion.

If you can get a cheap 225 engine and bits then you can get the conversion done for 1500-2000. It'll always be about the right parts tho.

Basically in my opinion if you try and do this cheap and cutting corners you will only have future problems costing you more money.

However like in your previous thread when you nearly crashed driving too fast into a corner, it appears that you may not have much driving experience. I would seriously ask yourself how you are going to cope with 50 bhp more and **** loads more torque.

Yeap, SC + 197 engine don't seem to work. I am not qualified to speak as to why no one has yet to show a good example but even if you wanted to go for it the cost would be astronomical for the gains. K-tec was about to release their kit and that was back in the summer 2013 at a cost of 5.5k + labour. No news yet...

Your best bet is a megane engine but I wouldn't like to do that cheap and bear in mind that it's still not as straightforward as it sounds. You should either do it the right way or no way at all if you don't want to have issues.

I find my stripped out toyed up 200 amazing, no need for superchargers or turbos. Mines got an itg maxogen, matched inlets and an akrapovic exhaust full evo system version that's decated. This is more than enough, easy spins in 2nd when changing and gets to 100mph in no time..... Plus mines not mapped yet.

what at mods you running?

Basically in my opinion if you try and do this cheap and cutting corners you will only have future problems costing you more money.

However like in your previous thread when you nearly crashed driving too fast into a corner, it appears that you may not have much driving experience. I would seriously ask yourself how you are going to cope with 50 bhp more and **** loads more torque.

Nothing to do with no/little driving experience. I've had three of these cars and know them well. It's just **** happens and I underestimated the corner. Keep it to the other thread please.

Yeah, I'll get saving then! Thanks Gents.

Trotta, what have you stripped out of your 200 for it to make 'noticable' gains? I found that taking the Spare Tyre out of my TCE made a difference but these cars don't have one?

I assume you meant me fernandez? Lol my clio engine is supercharged and now 315bhp.. Did have a few issues when it was done by jamsport at 270bhp but that was because they used a piggy back ecu, but after taking rs tuning they ripped that out and mapped on standard ECU

if you want more power, it'd be cheaper for you waiting for someone to sell a megged Clio, they com up occasionally, that being said there are faster cars you can get for the price of a Clio.

I assume you meant me fernandez? Lol my clio engine is supercharged and now 315bhp.. Did have a few issues when it was done by jamsport at 270bhp but that was because they used a piggy back ecu, but after taking rs tuning they ripped that out and mapped on standard ECU

I did mean you mate, didn't want to mention your name but illustrating the point it isn't as easy as just buying a charger off the shelf and bolting it on.

You gone fully forged now? What sort of torque does it run?

I did mean you mate, didn't want to mention your name but illustrating the point it isn't as easy as just buying a charger off the shelf and bolting it on.

You gone fully forged now? What sort of torque does it run?

No its definatly not as simple as bolting it on! Nah not forged yet, building will be starting soon on other engine, torque is 227lbft

I dont know if you have heard of Craigs supercharged Ph1 172 engine that has 320+ IIRC, obviously there is a couple of differences in the engines but that is very reliable and really shifts,

he says that it still feels like a N/A engine but a much bigger one

9118428217_c0c6688b60_b.jpg

K-tec was about to release their kit and that was back in the summer 2013 at a cost of 5.5k + labour. No news yet...

i had this email from k-tec about a month ago...

"Hi Aaron,

We hope to have our supercharger kit available towards the end of the year and there are some details of the kit available here: http://www.k-tecracing.com/news.asp?b=true&nav=2

We are just about to test our new ecu which is the main part we are waiting for which will allow the cars to be easily turbo or supercharged or even fitted with throttle bodies. Once the ecu is available we will than have the supercharger kit available and updates on testing should be available in the next 6-8 weeks.

Regards,

David Kirk"