Stick it?

...well....S J Cooks have finally got the RS200 in stock that they intend to use as a donor car for the leather interior they forgot to put in my car originally. The idea is to swap out the leather interior from the new car they have just received for my cloth interior. When I agreed to allow them to do this (rather than cancel the order) I kept £1000 back to pay them when the job was done. Now that the car is available I have booked it in for the swap to be carried out. Straight forward except that the cheeky gits expect me to pay £1000 up front before the job is done!! There reason....aparently I will let them do the job and then not pay for it on the basis that they've messed me about!! Well they have, but I am a reaonsble guy! I just want my leather but I'm not paying until I am satisfied the job is done satisfactorily and I have gone over my car with to check for damage etc.....I am also aware that swapping seats could have implications for air bag warning lights etc......I think I'm being reasonable and they are not. If they continue to insist on payment up front I intend to cancel the job, but then I will never get the leather I wanted.....what would yoos do in this situation?

Rant over!

Why not go 50/50 and give them £500 now and £500 when it is done to your satisfaction? As said above they will have your car anyway so they could always keep it until you pay up!

^^...as I say, I am a very reasonable sort....I will compromise but I'm not offering a compromise up....they don't seem to be willing to do it....so principles fall into play....

some good suggestions.....

but as you say they cocked it up so should get their finger out and sort it !!!!

stick to your approach as i would be thinking the same...in fact i would of said no to the car :thumbsup:

personally i wouldnt pay them a penny cancel the order and get them to order you another car. I had the problem where they didnt fit the correct the spoiler to the car and had the car for 3weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! being fitted and thanks the the stupid people from the parts department they kept order the parts for a 1.2. thats just my little story sure yours will get sorted ok tho

Why not go 50/50 and give them £500 now and £500 when it is done to your satisfaction? As said above they will have your car anyway so they could always keep it until you pay up!

If you really want the leather and they're being so difficult I would see this as the next step

...SJ Coook wrote me a letter when I agreed to take the car setting out how they would deal with the issue...in the letter it says.....

'we will not charge you today for this option and as discussed you will pay the full amount of £1000 once we have replaced the interior'...

...nuff said. If they insist on payment up front I will cancel the leather and they are stuck with a standard ff car with leather interior to sell....at the end of the day cloth isn't too bad, and I'll have £1000 to put towards some Recaro's next year....I have bought three cars from these guys since 2005. They have had over £40000 of my hard earned and they still imply that I am not trust worthy enough to accept payment after the job is done.....ranting again!!

...I tell you foxspead I wish I had cancelled the order....but I couldn't bear too!! Needless to say, I won't be ordering my next car from them....that's.....

SJ Cook & City Motors in Bristol. Part of the Carco Group.....consider them not a good dealer!!

I think I would be giving RUK a call as this is not acceptable customer service IMHO.

Seems to me they are making you out to be dishonest, which makes you think.. is this something they would do for them to have to suggest it in the first place !! not good.

Are you being compensated in any way for the inconvenience of them not ordering the leather for you in the first place?

I'd take the letter and go on the grounds that they have agreed to put the interior in before payment, not you.

If it's still a no then tell them RUK will be getting involved.

The airbag issues should be fine as long as they disconnect the battery before and don't break any wires or plugs.

get the leather mate. tell them they can hold the cheque for 1k while the work is being done and when u are 100% happy they can cash it.

Stick to what ur doing.

Just a quick note that the leather gets fitted in uk once car has arrived mate anyway so I cant see why they have to swap interior?

I investigated bout a 200 and the dealer said leather place that does it was 8miles down road from dealers. So dont know why ur's needs to swap interior with another car.

Stick to what ur doing.

Just a quick note that the leather gets fitted in uk once car has arrived mate anyway so I cant see why they have to swap interior?

I investigated bout a 200 and the dealer said leather place that does it was 8miles down road from dealers. So dont know why ur's needs to swap interior with another car.

trim tecnics

Ive never liked SJ Cook since they laughed at me when I walked in and said I wanted to buy a 182 they had on forcourt when I lived in Bristol.

I have e-mailed the dealer to ask for their comments on this. It really does NOT look good on their part. Still, could be worse, could be Sutton Park Renault :wink:

Last edited: