Gear stick height extension or CAE/ZPO

DrewHughes

Paid Member
Hey,

Been contemplating upgrading to a ZPO or CAE gear lever, but not sure on whether I should just some how add height to the original shifter.

My concern about the aftermarket stuff is the gear changes and whether or not it puts anymore unnecessary stress on the gearbox / synchro's.

Now my car is strictly track day only and hasnt seen a road in years, has anyone raised the gear stick or somehow added any height to it? Or what are people experiences with the aftermarket levers? Purely from a Motorsport/track perspective

Cheers

Drew

Personally I would wait for Pure Motorsport to release their kit, it gets ride of cables and uses linkages.
@Cliosport-carl was testing it for PMS:

You’re changing the leverage ultimately, so you will be putting more force through the cables.
Plenty of people seem to run them. Though I’m not a fan of how they actually fit personally.

It is possible to take the whole shifter mechanism and raise it up with a new hole in the firewall for the cables. If you have a search on Instagram for Wheeler Motorsport, he sells a little kit

Personally I would wait for Pure Motorsport to release their kit, it gets ride of cables and uses linkages.
@Cliosport-carl was testing it for PMS:

Cheers for the heads up, that looks promising!

You’re changing the leverage ultimately, so you will be putting more force through the cables.
Plenty of people seem to run them. Though I’m not a fan of how they actually fit personally.

It is possible to take the whole shifter mechanism and raise it up with a new hole in the firewall for the cables. If you have a search on Instagram for Wheeler Motorsport, he sells a little kit

I'll take a quick look at that.

But yes, I only really query the CAE shifter as I didn't feel all that comfortable using it with hard track use

Reactions: suj
Thanks for the info on the pure motorsport shifter. I was about to get a zero point one shifter but I think I’ll wait for this.

Reactions: suj
Am I being an idiot - looks like it’s only available for the gen 2?

It's not out yet, PMS did like 10 for people to try out at a discounted price, just to finalise that the instructions are right, nothing has changed from when Carl did his (always good to have a broad range of people try it).
It will be out very soon, contact Nick @ PMS and i'm sure he'll be able to help.
Like I said if it was my money i'd be waiting for PMS over the ZPO (also it's half the price!)