Stick it?

I wouldn't be paying upfront for any work.

Its not the way anything like that is done, you have to make sure that they have done it to a decent standard and that means you look at it before paying! Its the same when you get new tyres, have a service etc.

If you aren't too happy and they won't budge. Pay it on a credit card and if its not a good job claim it back from them they should bend over backwards if they know you can get the £££ back off them if it goes wrong.

^^ I have thought about doing this and will probably do it any way because an inspection on site will probably not reveal all the issues if there are any. But as a matter of principle I will not pay up front. The Sales manager is either extremely nieve or just stuborn as f***. By insisting on paying up front he is in breach of a written agreement we entered into and he is deliberately denying me of my statutory consumer rights. I doubt he has realised the implications for compensation if continues to take this stance. He could end up not selling the seats and ultimately getting my car back and giving me a full refund! I have reminded him of this and still await a reply. If I don't get one, I will go to the director and Renault UK (not that this would neceserily do the trick)....ultimately it is a Trading Standards enforcement and small claims court....but all I really want is my leather interior!

...well, they've backed down! So they have the car as I write this post. Fingers crossed it is done ok. Basically got to speak (via emal) to Mr Cook himself....things got very mushc smoother then. I let him know that I am a regular customer and would be reviewing this!