Steves Megane conversion build - She's finally running (VIDEO inside)

Interesting to see that you've not contemplated powerflex'ing the lower arm's.

£228 for the Ac delete!!! , £125 it cost me with a new pulley , belt & alternator tensioner and I got rid of two pulley's that could fail at a later date. But it does look nice and shiney!

However like the idea of tidying up the front arms and subframe.

Keep the good work up.

Heat issues won't fully be resolved by deleting the aircon. The larger rads definitely helps reducing the water temps and dropped them by 10-15 deg. Biggest issue is the diserpation of heat. Ive worked out the bulk head in the Clio and Megane are different. The Megane's is more bellowed which allows the heat to be dispersed better.

Not sure the issues will ever be fully resolved especially if your running big boost. Larger Rads def a 40% improvement.....

Last edited:

£228 for the Ac delete!!! , £125 it cost me with a new pulley , belt & alternator tensioner and I got rid of two pulley's that could fail at a later date. But it does look nice and shiney!

Keep the good work up.

Did you fit a different setup?

Keep the good work up.

They will be polybushed at the end of the month or later in the build, funds are a bit tight at the moment in the January long month. But thanks mate :smile:

Keep the good work up.
where did you get all the bits from to delete air con i dont want pretty i want cheap lol

UPDATE:

Small update today, first off I got my Loom back from SC autos, great service with Steve, posted it Tuesday and got it back today. Also got my ECU coded at the same time so it should now be essentially plug and play :smile:

Also started painting the subframe with hammerite, coming up lovely, a few air bubbles but these eventually burst when the paint dries. Hopefully get all the subframe completed this weekend :smile:

7209313F-CB22-483F-A779-B6959D1F62AE_zpsq26sv1n1.jpg

0C3866FF-9FCE-4ABA-A0CA-FB0E99B36542_zpsm5lwfapw.jpg

Thanks

UPDATE:

Small update today, first off I got my Loom back from SC autos, great service with Steve, posted it Tuesday and got it back today. Also got my ECU coded at the same time so it should now be essentially plug and play :smile:

Also started painting the subframe with hammerite, coming up lovely, a few air bubbles but these eventually burst when the paint dries. Hopefully get all the subframe completed this weekend :smile:

7209313F-CB22-483F-A779-B6959D1F62AE_zpsq26sv1n1.jpg

0C3866FF-9FCE-4ABA-A0CA-FB0E99B36542_zpsm5lwfapw.jpg

Thanks

Was at SC helping me with reverse lights, said he was doing a loom....

Yep. Bought the latest lights but completely forgot that GT fog lights are in bumper so had to wire one reverse light to come on red, and the other the normal white light. Nothing's ever simple.....!!!

Oh that sounds like a right faff, gt lights do look loads better though.

Oh that sounds like a right faff, gt lights do look loads better though.

I agree mate. The bloody faff was because it's an MOT failure having no fog light but funny not having reverse lights. Wasn't going to bother with reverse lights but after nearly reversing into a small boy and then reversing into another car coming out a parking space in Sainsbury, decided to sort it.