Steering Clunk

AaronJeff

Gold Member
My 197 has developed a little annoying 'Clunk' when turning then wheels. :'(

So if i you go from having the wheels straight, then turn it at least one full circle then let go of the wheel it makes a really dull thud, you can feel it through the wheel. Its not a massive noise or feeling through the wheel it just annoys me hahaa!

Anyone had this issue before? or do they all do this and I'm being paranoid? (My old fabia vrs died of power steering failure so i am definitely paranoid :lol:smile:

Could it be as simple as track rod ends?

Cheers :thumbsup:

I get the same little thud/feedback through the wheel you mention when I'm on full lock, happens when pull off driveway in the morning. Never taken any notice of it to be fair, been like that since had the car (about a year now). Be nice to know if this is an issue/there is a fix for it though :smile:

moved to the correct technical section of the forum....

Cheers bud

I get the same little thud/feedback through the wheel you mention when I'm on full lock, happens when pull off driveway in the morning. Never taken any notice of it to be fair, been like that since had the car (about a year now). Be nice to know if this is an issue/there is a fix for it though :smile:

At least someone has the same issue as me! :wiz: