Some pictures from last night

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Well, I went out stalking the moon and Jupiter last night.

I took my camera with me too, it is not ideal for taking pictures of planets with, but good for the moon :smile:

Moon:

moon2.jpg

moon1.jpg

Jupiter and Io, Ganymede, Callisto & Europa:

jupiter.jpg
^^need a proper CCD Astro camera to get the ideal pictures of the planets :smile:

Nice photos Mike, I'm getting more into this sort of thing over the last few years.

Where we are there's not many streetlights at night and when it's clear it's facsinating!!! :smile:

Good photo's Mike, i end up taking pic's of the moon but they dont come out anything like your's do :worried:

Mine were two stops under-exposed, that gets rid of the glare!!!

Nice photos Mike, I'm getting more into this sort of thing over the last few years.

Where we are there's not many streetlights at night and when it's clear it's facsinating!!! :smile:

I am looking forward to going to Scotland in Feb for very dark skies!

We were in the Lakes (Kirkoswald) last February and it was something else up there right out in the sticks. The stars were all so bright and defined!!!

GJ Mike I did some a while back which worked out quite well considering it was sat on a 20yr old tripod http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomwigley/3579711976/.

I keep meaning to go out and do some starfield images but it's sooooo damned cold!!

I wish I had your scope though, fitting a DSLR to that would be epic. I can appreciate your obsession :smile:

GJ Mike I did some a while back which worked out quite well considering it was sat on a 20yr old tripod http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomwigley/3579711976/.

I keep meaning to go out and do some starfield images but it's sooooo damned cold!!

I wish I had your scope though, fitting a DSLR to that would be epic. I can appreciate your obsession :smile:

Nice pics!!!! Love that moon one of yours, pretty clear.

I have the right fitment for the DSLR, but taking pics of the planets is not easy lol!!!