So where to order new breaks and pads from??

But from Renault OEM frotn pads are £99... are they not the same product?

Can't say for certain about the 197/200 but they are different on the 265, for the 265 you can only buy the OEM pad via renault.

You pays your money you makes your choice, reading the thread suggest people use them without issues.

There was a compound changed on the 197/200 circa december 2011/jan 2012 by renault, i would advice using that compound what ever it is if using brembo pads.

Actually renault pads arent made by brembo, there made by feredo for brembo calipers, not made by feredo for brembo. Hence the difference in price.

gfs do brembo pads and discs
I ordered a set of front pads with them since I found them here.
Shipping costs weren't included in the ordering process... after accepting everything: bam, 15 pounds.
Then got an email: actually its 20 pounds to your location (Netherlands), so please Paypal an additional 5.

Well, reluctantly paid another 5 pounds and the parts were sent. Received them quicky (3 days after them being sent).

Invoice says 15 pounds shipping costs again... so I paid 70 in total but only 65 is accounted for. How have you people experienced this?

Yep £29 pads in a 200 bhp car sounds right up my street and through the hedge at the end when I can't stop.

What about this, taken from the part number on the ferrodo website not sure why these haven't been mentioned yet http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220934090662
I think were all agreed that ferrodo is a respected manufacturer in the braking market so I can't see why they would make Renault a pad then sell a lesser product themselves, so would these be the same pad as oem Renault? Maybe someone can cross reference part numbers (I'm not sure how)

Ferrodo part number: FDB1667

Never understood it myself.

Buy a sports car and try and skimp on maintaining it.

agree BUT those brembo pads are good pads - before I got some carbotech xp8s I did track days and road driving with these and they held up fine. In this case I wouldn't pay £100 for a renault OE stamped part as I don't believe the quality or performance is better.

the XP8s are a world apart though and if you have £200 and don't mind a little bit of squeel they are an amazing pad (stopping, longevity, bite from cold).