So where to order new breaks and pads from??

They're the ones I bought [MENTION=37928]Dmonk197[/MENTION]. They're the same part, but for some reason NDB have the wrong pads listed for the Clio :smile:

**** these prices

These are an indication of what i paid give or take

Front:

Brembo plain HC discs £86
Brembo oem pads £39

Rear:

Renault discs with bearings/abs rings £184
Brembo oem spec pads £39

Get over to CS and PM a guy called G172 (you might need to become a member for these prices) and iirc they do fluctuate.

The guys a legend

Last edited:
On the Next day brake site it looks like they are selling Brembo branded non genuine parts. I have cross referenced several brake components today with Dale in our parts department and none seem to match up !
after all they do list Brembo brakes for a Lada Riva so for me that sums them up !

are renault oem pads even brembo? i know on the 250/265 they are feredo pads

Thanks will order them then.
im slowly ending up buying different parts from different places which is fine as im spreading the costs over a couple of month, will then have a full new breaking system, cant wait!!!!! should i also bleed the system while at it?

They're the ones I bought @Dmonk197. They're the same part, but for some reason NDB have the wrong pads listed for the Clio :smile:

On the Next day brake site it looks like they are selling Brembo branded non genuine parts. I have cross referenced several brake components today with Dale in our parts department and none seem to match up !
after all they do list Brembo brakes for a Lada Riva so for me that sums them up !

That may be the case with some of them on there, but the Megane ones I posted I bought about 5months ago and fitted on my Clio, they were Brembo Pads. :smile:

Thanks will order them then.
im slowly ending up buying different parts from different places which is fine as im spreading the costs over a couple of month, will then have a full new breaking system, cant wait!!!!! should i also bleed the system while at it?

Haha, that's what I did mate.

I ended up with front pads from NDB, then front discs from Mtec, then bought rear discs and pads from NDB again a month or two later to spread the cost. I wish I had waited a bit longer though, as Mtec now offer black coated drilled and grooved rear discs to match the front, and instead I fitted SNR rear discs and they've rusted :worried:.

this is what confused the whole situation, the megane ones are £40 but the clio ones are £99 from a dealer only but they are the same....

That may be the case with some of them on there, but the Megane ones I posted I bought about 5months ago and fitted on my Clio, they were Brembo Pads. :smile:

so are these the clio or the megane ones and do you sell the megane onse which fit the clio? and are they £40, im tired and confused just writing:tongue_smilie: that

Chances are the NDB will be a generic compound. Hence the price.

Mk3 Clio and mk2 meg are the same brakes.

I will say this, do you really want £40 brakes on a performance car?

Especially if you are going on track?

There is a reason a decent pad costs a decent amount

certainly not, just want to understand what im paying for.

certainly not, just want to understand what im paying for.

Wasn't aimed at you specifically bud.

If you strip and clean the pads and don't track your car I would say you will get 3 years decent motoring out of Renault OEM pads.

So just think of it over that period.

I'm on my second set of Brembo pads from NDB and I've not had a problem with them at all. They're the same pads. The OEM ones from Smith and Roper wont be a special Renault compound, they just have 'Renault' written on them for an extra £59. I'm not having a dig at anyone either, and I totally respect the prices given by Smith and Roper and why OEM parts from a dealer do generally cost more. BUT, lots of members have used NDB pads (including me) and have had no problems - as long as the order the correct part - which is the one I said.
[MENTION=37928]Dmonk197[/MENTION], do whatever you like mate, if you order from Smith and Roper or NDB (using the link I sent) you'll get some working Brembo pads :smile:. What you choose to pay is up to you.

If they are the same as OEM then that's fine but it's not like that on the meg 250/65 so wouldn't be surprised if it's the same on the 197/200 that's all.

Out of interest does anyone know if the part number has ever changed? The reason I ask is Renault changed the compound on the pads late 2012.