So where to order new breaks and pads from??

I paid £110 for front and rear pads from my Renault dealer, the other week, proper Renault pads correct compound. I may put £40 pads on a Ford Ka but not on a pocket rocket. There are too many Chinese replica pads that are made from cardboard to take chances. People think nothing of spending money on stuff to go faster, but scrimp on tyres and brakes, especially when they are not that expensive.

i would put brembo pads that are 40 from gsf on my clio rather than 100 brembo pads from renault there exactly the same, but on the other hand if your willing to pay 100 for brembos Id save a bit more and get ds2500

i would put brembo pads that are 40 from gsf on my clio rather than 100 brembo pads from renault there exactly the same, but on the other hand if your willing to pay 100 for brembos Id save a bit more and get ds2500

I've got ds2500s on mine and the difference is noticeable! They stop amazingly well and I am now limited by average tyres rather than poor brakes

Just to point out to everybody. Th OE 'Brembo' pads are actually made by 'Ferodo' for Brembo. Its even cast into the part (this can clearly be seen in the photo posted by [MENTION=8494]smithandroper in post 32[/MENTION] ).

Dont bother with renault pins, mr pinks pins are the ones you want, cheaper and reuseable

up got the pins from Mr Pink already.

now just need front discs and rear pads .

can anyone tell me if the hel braided hose is an actual upgrade?

HEL lines will give you better braking response and feedback 100%

Edit; [MENTION=37928]Dmonk197[/MENTION] I have some brand new rear DS2500 pads at home if you fancy them.

Just be sure that when the hoses arrive they have 2 rubber grommets on each front one. I ordered mine from Camskill (the cheapest place by far) but they only put 1 grommet on each hose. I e-mail Hel and they sent out 2 more grommets that with a bit of washing up liquid slid onto the hose without a problem. Great upgrade.

So looking at Opie Oils, they do Brembo front pads for £26 and Discs for £81... Why so cheap? or am i missing something :blink: