Slight pulling to the left....

So is there anyway to confirm of its ball joints? Or is it likely to be down to tyres? Think I'm only running 215's I think

How much tread is left on your tyres? I found mine started to pull a lot when the standard tyres (conti's) got low

Had three new tyres when I brought, admittedly though not fantastic tyres, it's something I could do with replacing when money is better. But tread wise they''re practically new

On the rear. It's the passenger side that has one conti sc3 with about 5mm and the other three were about 7mm when I collected the car. All tyres have done 1500 miles since

Although not ideal, the mixed tyres on the rear should be fine.

Is just put it down to the stiff cup Chasis pulling with the camber of the road.

Does it do it even on a flat motorway too?

It does do it slightly on a motorway. And I assume they are flat motorways at that! Ans would the full fat non cup suspension still pull with the camber of the road?

If that's the case then that's put my mind at rest.I know it seemed a stupid question but it's my first performance car so there's a lot of differences in this to my last car! Never even thought it could be down to the suspension set up!

Well mine pulled to the left, now it goes straight, both my lower balljoints were worn the drivers side badly. I had them replaced at Aaron's autos in Leeds. Car had covered 30,000 miles put it pulled to the left from 23,000. Any garage should be able to check them. Lift on a 4 post hoist put the wheel on full lock and push and pull the wheel you can see movement on the balljoint or not. I paid £175 for each side, Renault will charge you £650 plus a side. Be careful who you use to replace the balljoints as you can wreck the upright if it is not done correctly. I travelled 400 miles to have mine done, but a saving of £1000 made it worth while.

Well mine pulled to the left, now it goes straight, both my lower balljoints were worn the drivers side badly. I had them replaced at Aaron's autos in Leeds. Car had covered 30,000 miles put it pulled to the left from 23,000. Any garage should be able to check them. Lift on a 4 post hoist put the wheel on full lock and push and pull the wheel you can see movement on the balljoint or not. I paid £175 for each side, Renault will charge you £650 plus a side. Be careful who you use to replace the balljoints as you can wreck the upright if it is not done correctly. I travelled 400 miles to have mine done, but a saving of £1000 made it worth while.

Ok, cheers I'll definitely try and get it checked out asap just in case. Would ball joints be covered under warranty or classed as wear and tear?

Depends on the age of the car, Renault will probably make a contribution, but it is usually cheaper getting it done independently.

Warranty isn't with Renault, the car is from available car, so I didn't know if it was worth asking them to look at it, or should I take it else where?

I was under the impression that all cars are set up to pull slightly to the left due to the risk of having a head on crash if you nod off. Maybe mistaken, but all my cars have ever so slightly pulled to the left on a non cambered road without any correction on the steering wheel.

I would also just check that your brakes are not binding slightly on one side and causing it to pull one way. If you raise the car slightly you can check by just spinning the wheel and ensuring it free wheels nicely with no interference from the brakes.

I was under the impression that all cars are set up to pull slightly to the left due to the risk of having a head on crash if you nod off. Maybe mistaken, but all my cars have ever so slightly pulled to the left on a non cambered road without any correction on the steering wheel.

no!!!!

No your tracking has always been on the p*ss haha.

Stephen, I've just noticed in your sig that it says you have a non-res scorpion decat, whats it like day to day? and does it drone on the motorway at all, its in my list of considerations....

Stephen, I've just noticed in your sig that it says you have a non-res scorpion decat, whats it like day to day? and does it drone on the motorway at all, its in my list of considerations....

It's not too loud when driving normally around town but when you boot it.. Oh my it's very loud and raspy.. Best of both worlds really!

Motorway drone isn't very nice, I find it quite annoying and I'm only 21. I have to open the window every now and then or my ears pop :rofl:

Oh yeah and it pops and bangs so nicely :smile: