Slight pulling to the left....

Hi, so Ive had my full fat 200 for a couple of months, however during this time if the steering wheel is straight it pulls to the left slightly. My first thought was that the tracking was out, however I have just got back from having it checked and its all showing as bang on how it should be. The mechanic also said that the steering wheel was set straight ahead for the checks. However there has been no improvement. So as I am out of ideas I thought I would ask here as you all have a wealth of knowledge about the 200's!!!!

cheers,
Adrian

Does it do it on a road or surface without any camber?

Also what equipment was the alignment done on? hunter standard 4 wheel alignment equipment? if you don't have a before and after print out showing front and rear toe, camber, caster etc. then I would maybe have it done somewhere with the right equipment. Some equipment simply aligns front to rear - no good. For example, my Meg's front was set to toe out 1-2 minutes per side supposedly after a new rack but was actually toeing out 20 plus minutes per side due to the equipment used.

Personally I just think they're sensitive to road camber and a 'pull' is not necessarily a pull.

I've noticed it on all road types as far as I am aware. I didn't have a before print out, however the mechanic said that no adjustment was needed. I have the print out here, which i can try and load if you like. equipment wise, it was don't on a hunter 4 wheel alignment machine, which i believe is meant to be pretty good isn't it? Do you reckon its worth investigating further or just living with it as I can deal with it, rather than throw potentially a lot of money on it?

I've had 2 Clio's and they've both pulled to the left slightly. I think its just a "thing".

Thats fair enough then if its just a thing they'll do I'll leave it! Still got a lot to learn with these, they are a very different beast to my previous car! Thank you for all the imput and help. cant believe how quick you guys are able to help!

I get a slight pull on uneven surface, but I think that's due to 8j's and the 225 tyres width pulling with the road. Nooooope, silent as a Prius :smile:

yours rs was making noises was it?

I get a slight pull on uneven surface, but I think that's due to 8j's and the 225 tyres width pulling with the road

I get the same during the summer months with the cup racer speedlines with 225 tyres fitted. Thought there was something wrong but it went away when I put the standard wheels back on for the winter.

It's just over 3 and a half years old and covered 34075 miles. Is the ball joint something easy to check or is it a take it to mechanic to check over? I'm still a newbie to car mechanics and am trying to learn as much as possible!

I get the same during the summer months with the cup racer speedlines with 225 tyres fitted. Thought there was something wrong but it went away when I put the standard wheels back on for the winter.

That solves it for us both then :smile: