Slightly Bent Wheel

burrellbloke

Paid Member
I had some tyres transferred on to a second set of wheels that I acquired recently.

The garage has pointed out that one wheel is slightly bent on the inside of the rim.

IMG_1990.jpeg

I will try and get the wheel repaired. I have got a track day booked in two weeks. If I cannot get the wheel repaired in time does anyone think that the bend would cause any major problems on a track day?

Straightening that is a 15 minute job. If you have someone local who does this, you will be fine. (Do not try hitting it with a hammer like steel wheels) Failing that, you can bring it or send it to me and it will be back with you Wednesday or Thursday.
As for affecting you, it has bent down the bead area and so you are at risk of air leaks there.

Reactions: burrellbloke
I am not too bothered about the paintwork on the wheels. They are already scuffed and scratched and will need a proper refurb at some point.

Na I have a front wheel with a flat spot like yours but I'm not prepared to paint it as I have not seen anyone that can paint the original Renault colours (glitter finish) or even paint them the factory way like an anodized finish in the drop center and inside faces. If the flat spot repair can be done without burning the paint finish then I would get all my wheels checked and fixed. As any time I had a wheel problem I bought new ones.

The wheel needs hearting, usually with a burner as it rotates. It can affect paint, especially if already repainted, ot it may not.

Yeah it’s certainly not something which can be like paint less dent removal on body panels.
It’ll probably balance out orate, but like Nick said, could be susceptible to leaking