197: Slight knock on throttle let off? - VIDEO ADDED

does anyone know if this considered to be a ''wear and tear'' thing? How long are the mounts suppose to last? The reason I'm asking is because my car is under Renault extended warranty at the moment...

Last edited:
does anyone know if this considered to be a ''wear and tear'' thing? How long are the mounts suppose to last? The reason I'm asking is because my car is under Renault extended warranty at the moment...

I have the same problem, and I also have the extended warranty mate. I wouldn't see an engine mount as being a 'wear and tear' item. But then this is Renault lol. MOT is in a few weeks, so I'll get them to check it out then.

I have the same problem, and I also have the extended warranty mate. I wouldn't see an engine mount as being a 'wear and tear' item. But then this is Renault lol. MOT is in a few weeks, so I'll get them to check it out then.

Maybe it's worth dropping them a call and find out. The noise is getting worse and worse so it has to be a priority I suppose...

if it is the top mount then all it needs is some lube... my dealer uses some spray on white lube from berner and it only needs this once every 2 services and works a treat...

Ok, so after a little bit of encouragement it looks like this mount is shafted?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuyA5hytJg&feature=g-upl&context=G2dab267AUAAAAAAAAAA[/YOUTUBE]

Best place to get one, Renault?

Last edited:
I've been experiencing this annoyance, a knocking noise when pulling off and changing gear. Sounds like it's somewhere behind the dash. Only noticed it in the last week or so since get exhaust manifold changed. Starting to wonder if something wasn't done back up tightly, so I think I'll try wobbling that mount too.

you best looking at it while reving the engine, as the motion on the mount is forward and backward not side to side

you best looking at it while reving the engine, as the motion on the mount is forward and backward not side to side

Mine knocks up/down. Revving the engine standing still does not cause the knock, it seems its only under load at slow speed or dropping off speed humps.