197: Slight knock on throttle let off? - VIDEO ADDED

I get a very slight knock at low speeds in low gears (in traffic) just as I let off the throttle, it also happens as I roll the front of the car off of speed humps. Sounds like its coming from the gearbox area to me but can't be 100% sure. Gearbox, diff or engine mount maybe?

EDIT/ Added video of engine mount, surely this is the cause?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRuyA5hytJg&feature=g-upl&context=G2dab267AUAAAAAAAAAA[/YOUTUBE]

So wheres the best place to get a replacement, Renault? Any idea on unit price?

Last edited:
i think im getting this same noise, when i jacked the car up and rocked the wheels round it was making an awful noise! need to investigate this weekend. driveshafts maybe?

can you feel it thru the pedals or just hear it?

If you release the clutch quickly while in gear, without stalling, does it make the noise happen?

Have exactly the same problem guys. When the car is cold, low gears/speed and especially when the car is turning. i also hear it when kangorooing (cold) and it''s really annoying. Whe the engine is warm though it magically disappears. Any thoughts people? The next service is on june but I don't want to wait till then:worried:

I was thinking of gearbox mounts? just guessing...

I get a very slight knock at low speeds in low gears (in traffic) just as I let off the throttle, it also happens as I roll the front of the car off of speed humps. Sounds like its coming from the gearbox area to me but can't be 100% sure. Gearbox, diff or engine mount maybe?

Same problem; I noticed it happens a little less when warm, and have only noticed it the last week or so when it's been cold. It's most noticeable in 2nd at low revs/speed if you let off or gently push the throttle

My knock was lower arm link, started as a slight knock while changing gears, sudden engine movement, goin over speed bumps and uneven road surface and got worse over a short period of time, did me nut in