Silverstone Edition 200 - AST 5100

100% get a ZPO far more refined way better shifting far smother and doesn’t feel clunky and vibrate like mad.

Also the height and feel is much nicer on the ZPO this is one of the reasons I swapped over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% get a ZPO far more refined way better shifting far smother and doesn’t feel clunky and vibrate like mad.

Also the height and feel is much nicer on the ZPO this is one of the reasons I swapped over

Well then, you’ve not filled me with confidence now . Half way through fitting it just now haha

I'll stick with my ZPO then. It comes alive on track and makes shifting a pleasure rather than guess work

I’ve been pondering one of these and am really keen to hear your thoughts.

Will let you know

Saw this other wee review:

Fitted today. Feels pretty good from first initial wee drive, solid action into gear. Third gear synchro is going so still needing to double clutch into it. Never tried a CAE/ZPO so can't comment on that front.

Need to go back and make a couple adjustments on the joints but will do that another time.

Just a note i've also got an mtech short shifter installed.

IMG_9173.jpgIMG_9169.jpg

I had to wind out the main rod arm on the end of the A arm to get the gate set for reverse/1/2

Yeah thats what I need to adjust. Feels fine stationary but when dropping down at speed its a bit notchy. Just a bit of a pain you need to remove a bunch of stuff to make adjustments.

Yeah thats what I need to adjust. Feels fine stationary but when dropping down at speed its a bit notchy. Just a bit of a pain you need to remove a bunch of stuff to make adjustments.
It’s true but the old cables did require a battery tray removal to adjust too in fairness.

that being said you can at least have faith nothing is going to stretch now

Long time no update

Got myself a proper workshop so I can undertake some bigger jobs myself

IMG_0997.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

Went to Goodwood FOS and saw a bunch of tasty machinery

IMG_0827.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0845.jpg
IMG_0785.jpg

Whilst I was down went past Ktec and exchange my crunchy gearbox with a refreshed one including an LSD

Carted that back home on the 10 hour drive and got her fitted up. Lubed up with some Redline MTL that I managed to get at goodwood also2162CAAF-F227-4EA8-8674-A48A89A97C87.JPG

Repainted the splitter and got some garden edging to make a dam which just happened to be the perfect size to work with the bumper lip

IMG_1129.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1130.jpg

Fitted some projector headlights today as the originals were pretty battered from abuse over the years. Still to get power to them as my BCM is causing issues and is away to get repaired.

IMG_1482.jpg

IMG_1484.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

Got some plans to get a bunch of stuff this year so keep an eye on this space

Last edited:
Wheels were in desperate need for a refurb as well as one of them cracked so welded that up and got them refurbed

IMG_2737.jpg

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

Picked up a new daily and also got a rear axle and a pair of hubs whilst picking up the new car. Hubs have been stripped and getting vapour blasted soon. Rear axle will axle the PMS stiffening plates welded on and powder coated.

IMG_0062.JPG

IMG_0066.JPG

2AE2C7D1-8953-4EE0-B540-1F5EF1C293B7.JPG

IMG_2958.jpg

Also joined the R2 BTG plate gang. Got a trip booked for end of September to the ring so got some jobs to do before then.

Going to retain the original plate as it has a bit of history being the ex Renault press car:

More lovely parts

IMG_3307.jpg

Rear beam has been welded up and powder coated. New brake lines mounted, just trying to figure out the best way to secure the handbrake cable and ABS cable. Probably put a rivnut in and use a large P clip

IMG_3301.jpg
IMG_3302.jpg
IMG_3342.jpg

PMS wishbone bearing installed into some brand new Renault arms

IMG_3312.jpg
IMG_3311.jpg

And finally for now new plates on too
IMG_3336.jpgIMG_3337.jpg

Hi Jack,

Thanks for the update.. your build goes from strength to strength!

You still liking your AST's? Not sure if you've had a chance to use them in anger on track yet? I'm planning on buying some 5100's (80/80 spring rates), along with some PMS top mounts (bit cheaper than AST's, and supposed to be very well made).

Just be good to hear your opinion as finding owner reviews are few and far between.

My 200 is gonna be stripped, caged and made track only... cant wait to get started!

Tom

Last edited:
Hi Jack,

Thanks for the update.. your build goes from strength to strength!

You still liking your AST's? Not sure if you've had a chance to use them in anger on track yet? I'm planning on buying some 5100's (80/80 spring rates), along with some PMS top mounts (bit cheaper than AST's, and supposed to be very well made).

Just be good to hear your opinion as finding owner reviews are few and far between.

My 200 is gonna be stripped, caged and made track only... cant wait to get started!

Tom
The ASTs are great.

Depending on how you want the car to handle you could get a stiffer rear end. The guys at AST will be happy to advise.

Road wise if the road isn't to bumpy then again they are great in my opinion.

Yeah PMS top mounts do look like a nice bit of kit. Would recommend some coilover covers to keep them looking fresh when you do get them

Reactions: Bomster