Silverstone Edition 200 - AST 5100

They look great!!

What pads do you use out of interest?

Im only running DS2500 just now with PFC 665 fluid. I'm wanting to upgrade to 3000 or 1.11 at some point. Had Yellow stuff on before and found they had a better initial bite. This setup in terms of discs is over the top, 312mm do the job fine but I just love the look of a big two piece set up.

Reactions: Big Ben
Where did you get the AP two piece discs from?

I got them from a guy I know who does brake work, not sure where he got them from. You can find him on Facebook "North East brakes". Same guy that skimmed my previous cheap ones.

These ones are the same but with J hooks:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/A-P-Raci...435331?hash=item48874a3f43:g:CpkAAOSwk1JWdPf9

The bells are from Reyland who supplied both the bells and discs previously. The bells can be bought separate from Reyland for £240 and come in either black, gold or silver.

Been a while since an update.

Car was running bad for a while and couldn't figure out what it was. Had a missfire issue which i pinpointed down to the upstream lambda quickly so changed it out. Car stopped misfiring but felt down on power, tried so much stuff. Changed sparks, coil pack, oil/filter, dephaser, dephaser solenoid and cam sensor. It felt better after this but still not right. I eventually got it to a dyno today:

Turns out she was only making 151hp :think:. I then thought about the cat, it has always rattled a bit when cold and I also thought it may have been damaged when the lambda packed in and over fuelled the engine.

Got it up on the ramp, disconnected the exhaust to have a look inside and lo and behold:

IMG_4972.JPG

It has collapsed and turned sideways, blocking up the exhaust. got the grinder out then cut the :censored: out then welded back up.

IMG_2724.JPG

So happy to have the car back to full health again, fell out of love for a bit. Bit annoyed I spent all the money on previous parts but at least the engine will be running strong. Plus I now have full de-cat which means nice pops on the upshifts :thumb:. Also have a nice paper weight from the internals!

Another dyno run today after the decat. 211hp she's putting out, nice and strong.

Surprised by that figure. Wouldn't expect it to make that much, when I first got the car from K-Tec they put a remap on it and it showed 210hp. I though this figure was a bit high just due to the dyno but it is showing the same figure on another dyno, which I was told was a conservative dyno.

Maybe its something to do with the fact it's an ex press car? :think:

IMG_3398.JPG

Reactions: roblee8g and Nick
So not done much to the car in a while because I bought a house back in January so funds have been going towards that.

Did get a new car though just last week.

IMG_4581.JPG

Was getting bored of driving the Clio as a daily, just a bit too noisy and uncomfortable. Still kept it though to use for weekends/track. Means I can go a bit more extreme now at least. Thought after driving the M2 for a week I wouldn't enjoy the Clio but that is definitely not the case, Clio is still much funner!

Going back to the Nurburgring in October so plans are to have coilovers, cage and tyres done by then.
Stripped it a bit more tonight just out of boredom

IMG_8389.JPG

perfect..enjoy your trip :thumb:

Thanks, I've got a bunch of exciting stuff on order to fit before hand. 2 sets of tyres, new set of wheels, spacers oh and something from a company called AST :think:

God I love M2's [emoji7]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Yeah the M2 is great, fast, comfortable and slidey when you want it to be but for pure driving fun and pleasure the Clio still wins it for me.

Every time that I start the M2 on cold start next to the Clio it sets of the car alarm haha. That's with a standard exhaust too.

Direzza's and cup racers? [emoji7]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Yes indeed. These will be track wheels and tyres. Last time at the Nring the locals all recommended Direzzas so I though I'd try them out

Where’d you buy the Direzzas from please?
Got them from JD motorsport, took a couple weeks to come but the best price I could find

https://www.jdmotorsporttyres.co.uk...z03g-tarmac-track-road-legal-tyre-225-45-r17/