Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Looking superb as ever Shuv - that is some serious RB shine you got going on there!

With regards your wheel arches...what method/products do you use for this?? I washed my car yesterday and the arches are pretty horrendous, very much letting down the rest of the car... Interested in how you go about it, with you being the Detailing Jedi in this corner of the galaxy :wink:

I just fired the hose [With a wide spray type end on] under there firstly to get the real crud off and let that dry slightly while doing something else.

Then when snow-foaming - i fired that under front and rears a couple of times, working it all around and letting it soak in.

Then rinsed off with a hose. (I wouldn't personally fire a jet-wash in the arches,up-close and personal for fear of doing damage to something electrical etc).

I havn't treated / applied anything to the plastic this time of year........because within 1 journey to work the look would be ruined ! More a case of keeping ontop of the build-up and keeping as much salt as you can off the car generally IMO.

Reactions: Jimmy
Now I can see what you meant by "this isn't clean" at the Xmas meet Shuv! Looks immaculate, may have taken 8 hours but you get out what you put in!

Intrigued to see how the steering wheel looks, mine is still perishing and is sat on my ever growing to do list!

£130 for a re-furb with Royal Ross. Really not that much in the scale of things.

And (unlike me) - if you make the right choice the 1st time.......you've only got to do it once :smile:

I just fired the hose [With a wide spray type end on] under there firstly to get the real crud off and let that dry slightly while doing something else.

Then when snow-foaming - i fired that under front and rears a couple of times, working it all around and let it soak in.

Then rinsed off with a hose. (I wouldn't personally fire a jet-wash in the arches,up-close and personal for fear of doing damage).

I havn't treated / applied anything to the plastic this time of year........because within 1 journey to work the look would be ruined ! More a case of keeping ontop of the build-up and keeping as much salt as you can off the car generally IMO.

OK, that's great, thanks for the help. I thought there might be more to it than that - maybe some sort of de-gunker that you use. I might need to look into this snow foam business, but not having access to a hosepipe it hasn't been an option for me in the past. Might have to try one of those pump sprayers that I think Dale(?) had.

I think the trouble with mine is that they look very 'grey' - maybe in Spring/Summer when the roads are less cruddy: wheels off, good clean and then something like AF Revive trim gel??

Reactions: sevenfourate
I think the trouble with mine is that they look very 'grey' - maybe in Spring/Summer when the roads are less cruddy: wheels off, good clean and then something like AF Revive trim gel??

THAT sounds like a plan ! Will show-off those newly refurbed wheels a treat Jimmy :smile:

And yes - a small pressure pump sprayer will be a great 'investment' for getting stuff under the arches, applying Citrus type pre-wash (Instead of snow-foaming) etc etc

Reactions: Jimmy
THAT sounds like a plan ! Will show-off those newly refurbed wheels a treat Jimmy :smile:

And yes - a small pressure pump sprayer will be a great 'investment' for getting stuff under the arches, applying Citrus type pre-wash (Instead of snow-foaming) etc etc

Glad you approve :smile: So the citrus pre-wash, is that an easier/better option for a pump sprayer?

Man that is seriously clean! I wish I had the motivation to go to those sort of levels, but the trouble is I know it'll just get dirty again after using it and it puts me off :worried:

I guess things aren't so bad in the summer as it tends to at least give you a fortnight between washes (or in my case bi-monthly :wink:!). The trouble is, and there is no escaping it, I'm just bone f'ing idle!!!

I've ordered some citrus pre wash yesterday with some other cleaning bits(becoming an expensive habit)!

I've bought a chemical,resistant trigger spray... Now wondering if I should of opted for a pump spray?

Car looks awesome mate. As always might I add:wink:

I've ordered some citrus pre wash yesterday with some other cleaning bits(becoming an expensive habit)!

I've bought a chemical,resistant trigger spray... Now wondering if I should of opted for a pump spray?

Car looks awesome mate. As always might I add:wink:

Trigger will be 'ok' im sure @Big Ben . Pressure bottle you pump up with a plunger is a better option IMO and you can get around a whole car with not many 're-pressurization's'.

Detailing versions are often over-priced. However gardening / general purpose ones that are likely exactly the same / do the very same job can be very reasonably priced (Like less than a £10 in a garden centre or hardware store).

I try to buy bits whenever i see something on offer. Dont discount Poundland / £1 shops / Homebase / Bargains in Tesco's etc either. Especially for cheaper stuff to clean under arches, shampoo wheels with either.........stuff that doesnt need the finesse or precision of stuff to clean / protect paint with.

Reactions: Matt Scarbro
think the next time we get together I'll leave you alone with my car for a bit..maybe you two get along and maybe you will give her a proper clean so she looks like your baby :pav:

That's bloody clean, I think you're on the road to buying a daily as it almost seems a shame to drive it now...
I tried a pre-wash yesterday for the first time and was very impressed. Dirt just fell off and only needed a quick wash with Autoglym shampoo and conditioner and a going over with Auto Finesse Glisten. I was really impressed by how it didn't touch the wax underneath and the paint was still glassy to the touch. FYI I used this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151502347743

That's bloody clean, I think you're on the road to buying a daily as it almost seems a shame to drive it now...
I tried a pre-wash yesterday for the first time and was very impressed. Dirt just fell off and only needed a quick wash with Autoglym shampoo and conditioner and a going over with Auto Finesse Glisten. I was really impressed by how it didn't touch the wax underneath and the paint was still glassy to the touch. FYI I used this:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151502347743

Its car parking that's at a premium here Sean. Not the desire to own a cheap daily........... :smile: I could park one away from the house (And CCTV) - but with my car-vandalising 'friend' still around and with the problems i've had in the past i'm not sure thats so wise either.....

Yea - i've used that snow-foam before. Did you use via pressure washer, pump-sprayer, or......?

Reactions: Sean197
I used it with a Karcher, think it could be used with a hand pump? I'm not really clued up properly on cleaning stuff but I can say it was very good.

I've only just noticed your spoiler is painted the same colour as your car. I've got mine painted black but quite like the colour coded look.

Ha ha - not even 100% sure what my spoiler is Tom ! Quite a few people THINK its something from the non RS Renault range ?

****Got me intrigued now. I'm off for a look at yours :smile:

Ha ha - not even 100% sure what my spoiler is Tom ! Quite a few people THINK its something from the non RS Renault range ?

****Got me intrigued now. I'm off for a look at yours :smile:

Yes it's part of a 'sport' kit that can be added to the standard mk3 clios. I've got one on mine but thinking of upgrading up to a cup spoiler soon. Weighing up the options of that against an AC delete kit this month.

Yes it's part of a 'sport' kit that can be added to the standard mk3 clios. I've got one on mine but thinking of upgrading up to a cup spoiler soon. Weighing up the options of that against an AC delete kit this month.

Interesting you say 'upgrading'......

I'll keep my mouth shut ref my opinions. Lets just say good luck if you "swap" :smile:

Anyway. For a track-boy you should be doing the AC delete first. No questions !

Reactions: Micah