Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

350 bhp with 1125kg?
gotta go like crazy..

If it all goes to plan it would be 370bhp with 1099kg :smiley: And it goes well!

Pretty good??

Would have thought it'd have to be amazing for you too part with your baby m3

Sizeable understatement really mate. I knew it would be good, I just wasn't prepared for how good. Feels like it dances around your fingertips and toes. It's not the prettiest thing ever but the driving experience is way beyond anything I've driven or been in. And I've lead a fairly entertaining life when it comes to cars :smiley:

And that's the problem, it's so good, I'm having horrible thoughts about getting rid of my baby...

I'm probably a stage further than Syer but he'll get there :smiley:

If it all goes to plan it would be 370bhp with 1099kg :smiley: And it goes well!

Sizeable understatement really mate. I knew it would be good, I just wasn't prepared for how good. Feels like it dances around your fingertips and toes. It's not the prettiest thing ever but the driving experience is way beyond anything I've driven or been in. And I've lead a fairly entertaining life when it comes to cars :smiley:

And that's the problem, it's so good, I'm having horrible thoughts about getting rid of my baby...

I'm probably a stage further than Syer but he'll get there :smiley:

Well I'm sure it will fill the big gap your m3 will leave... if you thought how well it drove just on a test drive, imagine how it will be when you get used to it and start to learn how it ticks....

Well I'm sure it will fill the big gap your m3 will leave... if you thought how well it drove just on a test drive, imagine how it will be when you get used to it and start to learn how it ticks....

You are NOT helping!!!

:excited:

Well Shuv, I think people trying to talk you out of it is a lot to do with how nice your car is, and how much people appreciate the time and effort you put into it I.e. it would be a real shame for you to let it go when you're at the stage when you've got it just right - or at least very nearly :wink:

I'd take it as a compliment :smile:

Reactions: ///M
First things first; still not decided on the MK3 staying or the MK4 Clio or perhaps Megane making a show on the driveway. So i'm going to hang-fire for now. However - i've come to realise that a MK4 Clio may not actually be the logical next car and that as good as they are and as much as i love them (MK4's).....its not actually comparing apples and apples if something akin to the MK3 is what i desire......

Ironic; because while i dithered about spending my saving's; after 25 months and a shit-load of hassle - we unexpectedly got full payment for the huge amount of 'vandalism' done to our 3 cars just after Xmas 2014 (Some of you may remember my post on the matter) during the week which was a huge result :smile:

So:

After cleaning inside and out today, i stuck my PURE Motorsport sticker on the dash to brighten up the living area and make it a bit less "sterile" (I'm so anal i tell you). I thought the Orange Clio200.net decals i ordered during the week to go on the passenger side dash-strip would have arrived this morning too. Alas that didn't happen :-( Can you look into this for me please Jimmy. lol

4_zpsn3hli03w.jpg

After messing with my suspension / spacers etc and getting longer bolts (With a 17mm head; not the standard 19mm) i managed to pick up a Citroen / Peugeot 17mm wheel brace yesterday as a favour from a friend. I've cut the 'hook' off the end so that it fits perfectly in the boot; in place of the original one....and have now dropped it off to have it re-powdercoated black.

3_zpss8mfdw6k.jpg

Steering wheel re-furb (MK2 !) from Royal Steering Wheels is due to be with me this coming Tuesday. On the current wheel - the look of the semi-gloss black leather, the join between Alcantara and leather along with a few minor imperfections eventually got too much for me.....

IMG_5592_zpseldpgnbv.jpg

So i'm going the same as Big Ben has just had (Dark Grey leather to match dash - perforated at the sides - smooth top and bottom); but with an Orange leather band and matching Orange stitching.

1_zpsctczc3mi.png

Shade of Orange should be to match this Porsche wheel that Royal have done:

unnamed_zpscydcvdif.jpg

**Lets hope it does arrive Tuesday. Because despite being quite helpful one evening a while ago - pre-payment - and after promising regular updates - i've actually heard nothing and emails of this week from me to them have gone unanswered :-(

H2GO application on the glass in the morning....

:smile:

Good to hear you're sticking with the mk3 for the meantime Shuv, it would be a huge shame for you to let it go after getting it to such a nice state. I can understand how it is when it comes to spending a lot of money, especially when it's coming out of the piggy bank...

The interior looks cracking, and the new Royal wheel will enhance it even more. Loving the orange flavouring :wink:

Fantastic news about the payout, and well-deserved. It's taken its sweet time coming to you, but I'm sure it brought a smile to your face when that got deposited in the bank :smile:

Yep, I will certainly investigate the decals for you buddy, leave it with me.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Great news on the vandalism payout Shuv. The minimum they could do IMO

I didn't hear much from Royal but he was good to his word. Fingers crossed

glad you had got paid Syer..always a bonus when you receive some extra money to be spent on what ever you want..looks great mate...

Last edited:
Over 2 years it took - what a shambles. At least youve got it now!

Really can notice the wheel in the dark - can imagine how that'd irritate you knowing your ocd'ness... The new one will be great - thats guaranteed from Royal!

So; what was going to be a quiet one........turned into another 8 hours being 'lost' on the exterior alone this weekend. Thats without the interior Friday night and early Sat morning.

I have been a bit lax lately with this shite weather and to be fair its looking as good as it has in a while [Completely unedited pics - not taken on phone today !!]. As ever - a joy to be outside in a t-shirt and messing with something mechanical......

***Cleaned outside, wheel-arches de-gunked, bodywork waxed, wheels sealed, tyres dressed and for the first time ever - glass / headlights / mirrors sealed !

P1040038_zps4byxz6gj.jpg

P1040039_zpslokqblfm.jpg

P1040041_zpsdpumg2ad.jpg

P1040043_zpsrprlfg3a.jpg

As above and already mentioned; hopefully new steering wheel will be arriving this week from Royal :smile:

And when the wheel comes and my garage fits it - i'm going to get them to remove, free-off and lube rear brake calipers / pads too. Its been 10 (?) months since they were last done (Had them do fronts when i had cambelt etc fitted) and i think i've felt them stick and free off a couple of times lately. Although might have been discs rusting in the cold, wet ,foggy weather...... For the sake of less than hours labour it pays to be safe.

*****Ever-busy at work. But if i get some free-time this week i'll be starting to make up a top-cover for the coolant expansion bottle. Because as far as i've seen - mine and everyone else's with a MK3 look pig-ugly in the engine bay with all the crud inside.

I've got just the material i need in mind and put aside........just need to investigate a way to make it functional, good looking and not to out of place !

s-l1600_zpsri983sut.jpg

Reactions: peter and Dystant
Car looks immaculate as always bud :thumb:

My coolant tank has been bugging me so much recently! :tearsofjoy: I was tempted to drain it all and power wash it and fill it back up, but if you're looking at making a cover I'll keep an eye out for a group buy post popping up :smiley:

My coolant tank has been bugging me so much recently! :tearsofjoy: I was tempted to drain it all and power wash it and fill it back up, but if you're looking at making a cover I'll keep an eye out for a group buy post popping up :smiley:

Dont know if i'll do a group buy on this one. But i'm sure i can muster up a couple for the 'needy'.... :smile:

Looking superb as ever Shuv - that is some serious RB shine you got going on there!

With regards your wheel arches...what method/products do you use for this?? I washed my car yesterday and the arches are pretty horrendous, very much letting down the rest of the car... Interested in how you go about it, with you being the Detailing Jedi in this corner of the galaxy :wink:

Now I can see what you meant by "this isn't clean" at the Xmas meet Shuv! Looks immaculate, may have taken 8 hours but you get out what you put in!

Intrigued to see how the steering wheel looks, mine is still perishing and is sat on my ever growing to do list!