Shuv's Racing Blue 200...................

Still have trouble capturing the real colour of these cars.

Pics above on my iphone as i went along: Shows the car darker than in reality in today's light.

This below; on a semi-decent Lumix 16mp on iA-auto mode and completely un-edited although the sun was really on my back at this point. (Lighter than reality in today's conditions i'd say, but a little more like it perhaps). Think i need to stop using my phone tbh. Does the colour no justice.

P1030998_zpskpldyaon.jpg

Looks spot on to me mate :thumb:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Anymore plans with this Shuv?

Seats. I think..... :smile:

Have the motivation and the itch: Just need to find the time to visit a shop (Which won't be anything like local) slip my ass into some and decide.

Apart from that I'm really happy overall - unless you've got some ideas ?

Other than that i have been considering chopping it in for a MK4 for a little while now - if for nothing else just to get something nearly new. But it's 10k of hard-earned I could and likely should: just chuck into my pension pot.

Because as enjoyable as toys are: nothing beats getting up and not having to go to work.....

Decisions, decisions.

hahaha! Very true - though.. I spend 95% of my work time sitting here reading posts and gaining ideas for my RB 200! Hopefully, get a thread started tonight! Can't wait to get her back on the road, get my obnoxiously loud non-res scorpion and everything back :worried:. It's been too long!

What seats you thinking of?

hahaha! Very true - though.. I spend 95% of my work time sitting here reading posts and gaining ideas for my RB 200! Hopefully, get a thread started tonight! Can't wait to get her back on the road, get my obnoxiously loud non-res scorpion and everything back :worried:. It's been too long!

What seats you thinking of?

Look forward to your thread starting tonight. Remind me why it's been off the road ?

My Scorpion in resonated. Can't even imagine non-res !

I did have my heart set on the new Cobra Daytona recliners.

British company. Orthapedic design. Physically large seats. Wear resistant patches on bolsters and a few other good things going for them.....

However I feel I owe it to myself to actually sit in and try them rather than just hit the PayPal button.

Anthracite calipers with RB Brembo stickers, red front RS badge, red/black rear RS badge, black/carbon bullets with RB Renault Sport writing, black door handles.

Food for thought Sean and appreciate your thoughts. All of them very valid......

If I keep - I'd be very happy to give the outside a bit of a subtle make-over and 'de-silver'.

I drive back and forth roughly 100 miles a day for work, was running non-res scorpion with decat pipe, a make-shift induction (V bad idea).. MPG was lower than the low averages you get anyway! So decided to take it off the road, then fell out of love with it was decided I was gonna sell it.. then jumped in it to clean it out and fell in love with it again, so getting it all back together.

Gave the exhaust a way, then the guy sold it - not impressed :worried:

So at the moment, I'm driving a 306 1998 Peugeot 1.9 Flat diesel.. that 47bhp power, makes it a true weapon...:think:

The car in pieces, while I replace the sparks, spray the inlet, clean the throttle body, drop the oil, change the filter, replace the mounts and many many more things to come D:

It will be a sad day when you jump into a Mk4, but we're all going to do it one day. Agreed on the £10k cost to change, that's £10k out of a finite amount of earnings in your lifetime.
When I think about that, it makes it easier to justify what I spend on the 200 [emoji16]

Seats! Do it mate. Great mod and some good weight saving to be had too.

In my opinion, you'd be crazy to chop it in for a downsized turbo car and lose all those glorious NA thrills. Especially as yours is such a looker, AND in the best colour too!

:wink:

Seats. I think..... :smile:

Have the motivation and the itch: Just need to find the time to visit a shop (Which won't be anything like local) slip my ass into some and decide.

Apart from that I'm really happy overall - unless you've got some ideas ?

Other than that i have been considering chopping it in for a MK4 for a little while now - if for nothing else just to get something nearly new. But it's 10k of hard-earned I could and likely should: just chuck into my pension pot.

Because as enjoyable as toys are: nothing beats getting up and not having to go to work.....

Decisions, decisions.
Don't do it Shuv, there are lots of improved parts for the Mk3 you've still to dream up and make :wink:

That would be a shame if you left the n/a fraternity Shuv

Yours is one of the best examples around and still getting better!

Simon had a wobble recently and Pav and numerous others are megging it up...

Turbos are the future...:excited:

That would be a shame if you left the n/a fraternity Shuv

Yours is one of the best examples around and still getting better!

Simon had a wobble recently and Pav and numerous others are megging it up...

Turbos are the future...:excited:

Kind words.

The idea of a MK4 has probably been in my head for 2 months. I'm certainly in no hurry in mid-winter though - and aren't about to rush into something i'll regret either way.

If i had more parking space / less kids with cars.....i'd get a second car and tuck the 200 away for weekend blats. Thats something i've thought about ever since i've had the 200 really !

If i'm gonna have one car - the extra comfort / toys / new-ness of the MK4 appeals right now.....