Should England host the World Cup 2018?

Mike

Gestapo
Platinum Member
Do you think England can do it?

Obviously, the football team would never make it to the final, but I wonder if they will actually get to host the game?

Or will it be another catstrophic waste of money, like the olympics, but then thats a whole new rant, don't get started on the olympics!

Not sure what i think about the world cup at the moment.

:skiing:

If it costs as much as the olympics then no!!

+1!

Will it really boost the economy? It might for the month it is here, but after that, no! Just like FIFA in South Africa - the locals made their own little souvenirs for the world cup, FIFA told them it was illegal and got a court order for the destruction of the lot. Only official FIFA ones were allowed, and the money goes elsewhere. SA didn't get a lot out of hosting the WC.

But I love the Vuvuzela sooooooooooo much :smile:

yes yes i'd rather pay for the olympics than a CHAV though lol

whats the estimated cost of the world cup? i beleive the FA give the host country hurrendous amounts of money? a few billion?

yeah but Mr Slick Investor in the city would pocket the lot probably lol

Itll never boost the economy, we would make an epic loss on it, just as we will with the Olympics.

Well still be in debt from the "credit crunch" in 25 years time lol

... and were still in debt to the US and the Germans from WW2 lol....

Hopefully ill have left this dump before then lol

I cant see them giving us the World Cup to follow on from the Olympics... It will be a case of; 'you have already had one so you cant have the other!' Which is fair enough really IMO. I would prefer to have the Olympics to football any day, both is just greedy :wink:

If I say chav 90% of the time I mean unemployed lol!

why not
we have the inferstructure in place
weve got the best fans in the world
weve got the best police force to deal with trouble
we have more going for us than russia for gods sake:slap:
football belongs to ENGLAND
rant over:tongueout:anic:

Even before the Olympic stadiums have been built tenders have already been invited for them when the Olympics have finished. One stadium taking around 80 interested companies/consortiums bids in the first month. There's a lot of money to be made from the Olympics but it takes a wise government to understand what they have in front of them. Chances are they will sell on for a fraction of their true worth.

I expect most governments breathe a sigh of relief when they hear their country won't host these types of events.

itll be a bad idea to host imo, will cost the taxpayer soo much and just annoy the hell out people with the entire transport system overwhelmed as it is then adding a few thousand fans it'll be a nightmare. A shame though would really like to host it.

I can't see it costing too much tbh. All the stadiums are already built, so unlike the Olympics there won't be as much building work needed. And we have airports galore, transport links and hundreds of thousands of hotels. Would be good I think. Lets face it, it's only going to be for like a month and then it's all over anyway!

Yeah you say it wont cost much and so it shouldnt but then again im sure the government wont let us down and throw money at it when it doesnt need much. Would love to see some decent games.

:thumbdown: for a country in resession i dont think its wise. Money could be put to better use. On the up side the games would be at decent times.