Meglio fan should push or pull

Discussion in 'FI' started by Jaime Taylor, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Jaime Taylor

Jaime Taylor Paid Member

Car:
    BMW M4 ,BMW 535d,Bmw2002,BMW X5
    Hi
    My fan on the meglio seems to push ??
    Is this the correct way I want it to pull really as I've done a few track days now and it seems to get hot after a few hot laps now and with the fan pushing even on a switch in the car I feel as if it's stalling the air if I'm driving there fore forcing air in and the fan pushing air out ...,it can't be right .

What wires do I need to swap over . I can see a purple relay on the back of the fan is this the location I need to be at ? .

Thanks Jaime
    197 Clio

2. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
  3. Big Ben

Big Ben Winner - POTM February 2018 Paid Member

Car:
    Out of interest what rad are you running?

4. youngarthur

youngarthur

I run the 250 Rad.It did not drop straight in. Initially, it looked like I would have to lose the AC, but some adjustment some spacers for the rad, solved the problem, so I keep the AC. For me, I use one of the original forge intercoolers,NOT the new ones.( I won't go into why.)It leaves plenty of room for the rad. I have seen quite a few conversions, where the intercooler almost covers the Rad. Not a good idea in my humble opinion.When I got mine, the Engine/Gearbox/Turbo, were all fine, just about everything else, was broken/not working.The only thing that would get me out of it, would be a GT2 RS,( I can dream, can't I?!.), or maybe, a Converted Twingo. I have spent a lot of money putting it right, and now its all done, boy o boy, its well worth it.

Foxspeed likes this.
  5. youngarthur

youngarthur

It should pull air, from outside car, through rad. Mine was blowing air from engine compartment to the outside!.They tried everything, removing grills/groves in bonnet, nothing worked. I purchased it, found fan blowing wrong way round, overheating solved. There were probable another 100 problems to solve, but all is fixed now, so a brilliant all round car.

Big Ben and Foxspeed like this.
  6. Jaime Taylor

Jaime Taylor Paid Member

Car:
    So I need to changed the wires around then ... Is it the ones with the purple relay
    So I need to swap wires to pull air through then thanks very much , it will be the ones off the relay I'm hoping I need to switch

7. Jaime Taylor

Jaime Taylor Paid Member

Car:
    All sorted now it now sucks with no over heating and kicked butt at combe thanks guys

Big Ben likes this.