Meglio re-build issues

Garysp2

Paid Member
After regretting selling my track 197 Ive purchased a Meglio track car a few months ago and after a very wet track day at Oulton Park a few weeks ago its now stripped ready for a full rebuild.
while most of the issues with the car are easily fixed I have one that's I'm struggling to solve.
whilst out on track I lost all gears, after pumping the pedal a few times I got the gears back, pulled into the pits, gave it a quick check over and the clutch fluid level was low, topped it back up, few laps in and the same happened. Back to the pits and clutch fluid empty. No obvious leaks, and the gearbox is bone dry, so we filled and sent it out again. Obviously the same happened, so we presumed the slave cylinder had failed and the gearbox would be full of clutch fluid, I called it and day and loaded the car up and returned home.

Stripped the engine and box out yesterday and inside the box is bone dry, no obvious signs of leaks on the pipework and no fluid inside the car, so the question is where's the fluid going???
is it possible that the servo could be filling with fluid and the liquid is sat in the servo????

IMG_0412 2.JPG

Check the whole system for leaks would be the first place to start.

The caps can weep, the master can fail, the connection to the slave is fairly toss.

I think the take off for the clutch is higher than the brakes. So you could also have a leak in the brake system, and as soon as it drops below the clutch fill point you loose clutch first.

Thanks for your replies guy and an update on this issue.
There are no leaks anywhere, so I’m thinking either, the fluid is leaking into the servo unit itself or could it be that the fluid is leaking past the slave cylinder and into the gearbox itself and mixing with the oil?

Thanks for your replies guy and an update on this issue.
There are no leaks anywhere, so I’m thinking either, the fluid is leaking into the servo unit itself or could it be that the fluid is leaking past the slave cylinder and into the gearbox itself and mixing with the oil?
No way of it leaking into the box itself. Sounds like a bad brake line dropping the level.

Reactions: RSRowe