Which stereo should my car have

mr angry

Paid Member
I have an 08 plate 197 and it has a crap aftermarket stereo in it and I am looking to regain steering wheel control and display functionality. So I think the most cost effective way is to try and get an oe unit. The problem is, I dont know which oe unit would have been originally fitted.

Anyone have any ideas or even aftermarket ideas that dont cost the earth.

The missus plays spotify through her phone so I am also keen to get aux in too.

Thanks for that, its just I have seen images with same cars with a unit with volume knob in the middle and not sure the difference

I had the same as Eddie in mine too. As for the Aux in, this can be done as an aftermarket mod, adding in an Aux cable. I believe there is a guide in the How To section.

Reactions: mr angry
I have the same issue, I'm going to pull out the Sony aftermarket hu, so if I fit the update list version does it have Bluetooth?

Yes the 2008 car had the update list radio this should help with Bluetooth unless you get a parrot car phone Bluetooth unit with media streaming I use the MKI9100 it can do the job but all the control like volume is done through the car kit control but this other unit will stream music through the AUX port and steering wheel controls.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162291395872

Last edited:
Hi my update list came today from Ebay, I removed the horrible Sony hu, and found that my update list radio will not fit, the small plug from my dash does not fit the hu, any ideas?

Similar Thread Suggestions