SHELL: Drivers fuel card

Gez

Moderator & South Wales Rep
Just thought I'd start a thread on this.

Who has a loyalty SHELL drivers card? I use shell every week and find their rewards rather good.

My my points build up quickly, and I'm keeping them to redeem my 'Money off fuel vouchers' ready for Germany, Nurburgring in May.

What loyalty reward do you use! There's loads of choices; such as air time etc. How good are those rewards? Worth it?

Gez

I have one as I have a company shell credit card thingy..

I get the money of vouchers, get thousands of points every few months as I fill my van up every couple of days at £110 vpower derv and then £60-£70 on my car every week or so :smiley:

I walked into a station a few months ago and the guy was reluctant to take my vouchers and he didn't believe they were all mine lol.. Got a tank and a bit of vouchers last quarter or however it refreshes.

I've a nectar card with over 5000 points on it though I've no idea what's that's worth (a fiver probably). Never once redeemed anything on it either. There are no Shell stations in Ireland..

[MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION], what's the limit you can use with the vouchers? Can you fill a whole tank up on just vouchers?

The only vouchers I've had when not using shell religiosly was £10 or £20 off when you fill up with 30 litres or more, something like that.

I now use shell all the time with the card as I now have a shell close to me, so hoping to get good rewards :smile:

Paddy, what's your best fuel you can get hold of?

[MENTION=4601]Stephen[/MENTION], what's the limit you can use with the vouchers? Can you fill a whole tank up on just vouchers?

The only vouchers I've had when not using shell religiosly was £10 or £20 off when you fill up with 30 litres or more, something like that.

I now use shell all the time with the card as I now have a shell close to me, so hoping to get good rewards :smile:

Paddy, what's your best fuel you can get hold of?

The most I've used in one go was £30 as I prefer to spread them instead of using loads at once, works better that way I find, as instead of one or two free tanks you get a fair few whole tanks for £30 or so a go.
Not sure if there is a minimum fuel limit.

I got a new thing the other day though the woman have me another receipt when I got my normal receipt, it's a free costa coffee when I fill up with more than 50l which I forgot to use today -_-

Yeah, that's what I rather do, feels better spent by spreading them out.

I quite like shells way of operating tbh, like you say, that coffee is a nice treat and Shell garages are around quite a bit, so they're always handy for a freshen up stop

The best fuel we can get here is BP Ultimate. 97ron. Looking forward to getting some 99ron when on the mainland :smile:. We used to have Shell stations here but all gone unfortunately :worried:.

Probably 97ron to be honest bud. I rarely run it on the normal 95ron, dunno if it's in my mind but I feel the car runs poorly on it.

Sorry, I thought 97 was normal, my bad.

I'm not sure what normal is like, can't remember the last time I used it, I'd only use it for desperate times if I'm in the middle of nowhere

I got mine mapped on Sainsburys 97. Used the same station since I got the car other than 2or 3 desperate times.

I'm quite spoilt for choice lol. There's a shell 2 miles up the road from my work and 2-3 others within an easy distance on my way home too

Unfortunately even 97ron is considered a luxury here. There's barely a market for it never mind the likes of VPower etc. People begrudge paying the extra few pence to get a better grade of fuel.

I'm shocked that there's not a demand that not even one fuel station is out there with Super. Are there many performance cars out there?

You're right, there should be at least one in Belfast that offers it. I guess there's enough high performance cars around, but probably doesn't make business sense to the garages here :worried:

Used to have a dedicated Shell Aviation fuel card when I was flying in America.

A loophole meant you could gather the points for a $4000 fill up into your personal account... Naturally company stopped us from using the fuel card!

I got £27.50 last quarter, but i use mine to fill my car, the works van and two 20l petrol cans every week
its a nice bonus :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions