Selling up..

Yep not the best financial decision ever made but the 200's going up for sale shortly.

As much as i enjoy driving it down a country road at maximum attack i havent grown to love the 200. It doesnt have the theatre that i have gotten used too from previous cars and although comfortable i find it pants for my usage. I will miss its road holding but not the wheel spin and lack of torque. Im going back to what i know and a car that makes just nipping 2 mins down the road to tesco an adventure.

Today i bought an DPB mk4 R32 with alot of my favorite mods on, Performance haldex, Defcon 2 bushes, HR anti roll bars, carbonio, milly and stage 2 remap, I have my KW v3's in the garage aswell as a 450 bhp s/c kit so anythings possible in the future. I will still linger on here and attend the breakfast club / midland meets as everyones great. :smile:

Pete

At the end of the day if you werent happy and the car wasnt fulfilling your needs then selling up is the best thing to do.

I really do like the R32s and your plan for it sound superb. Make sure you keep us up to date with it, and make sure you take loads of pics.

I'm massively missing my Dubs too Pete. :worried:

Clio is an amazing car, no doubt about that, but im in negative equity and it would be too much of a financial hit to get rid now, so ill keep it for the duration. Or until at least 50% of the PCP is paid off, then ill hand it back.

You going to sell it privately Pete?

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that Pete, I can imagine that there is a hell of a difference in power between the two of them, so it is understandable. I heard a mk5 R32 (I think) give it the beans outside work the other day, the noise is incredible.

Hope you enjoy it :smile:

Ah noo, horses for courses and all that though. Get some pictures up of the R32

I also hate to think of how much you lost selling so early :worried:

Shame to hear that, but everyone has different needs. Love MK4 R32, not a fan of the new ones (MK5), dont look anywhere near as aggressive.

Thanks for the comments guys, Yea bit of a 5 min wonder but its not for me its a great car and we all know N/A is best don't get me wrong, but its not got the straight line guts that i love about the 3.2 V6 in the golf.

Yea i am going to inevitably loose money but not on the scale of not having a car in 2 years time but paid out 7k worse case pcp situ lol! I got a great deal and yea i will loose money but it softens the blow, we will have to see. My R is costing me 230 a month and its mine when its all finished with which is more important with things like the mortgage etc.

Will get pics up next weekend when i bring it home.

drove the mk5 r32 a while back. the noise as previous poster said was epic. Reason enough to buy the car. Only thing I could fault was the silver stuff on the dash? WTF? Nice car though! Enjoy.

Just an idea, sell your Recaros separate.. get £1000. You wont lose 1k off the price you'll sell/trade in for. Free up a few hundred £