Second Lambda Sensor Help Needed

I've dealt with a lot of superbike and super sport wiring looms and tend to look harder and go with the logic we lost an IOM TT race for an electrical connector this is the picture from it, regulator rectifier connector melted we checked it the night before and fixed 2 of the three spades but the loom which I did not make was using too thin a wire for the job and it basically did last the race the voltage dropped and the injectors could not function under 11 volts so they thought they ran out of fuel but they did not. You can see the fuel cap in the photo
1614522359759.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Sean197 and Addison
It's the car side of the plug that's damaged you can see the waterproof seal in the picture
View attachment 144382
View attachment 144383
View attachment 144384
View attachment 144385

I did notice this seal out as well but didn’t want to say as others said the plug looked ok
I would cut the plugs off and connector the wires together so you can check if the sensor is ok
If ok
Get a new plug from a scrapper and solder and heat shrink on the new plugs
From the drawing it looks like a 4 wire
Two wires are a 12v heater circuit and the other 2 are your 0 to 1 volt signal
If you mix up colours after cutting
Just use a test meter to figure out the wiring
12v on 2 from car
0-1v on 2 from car
And to test the sensor use ohms or beep to find the heater coil and that just leaves the other 2 for 0 to 1v signal

Reactions: joehodges154
I've dealt with a lot of superbike and super sport wiring looms and tend to look harder and go with the logic we lost an IOM TT race for an electrical connector this is the picture from it, regulator rectifier connector melted we checked it the night before and fixed 2 of the three spades but the loom which I did not make was using too thin a wire for the job and it basically did last the race the voltage dropped and the injectors could not function under 11 volts so they thought they ran out of fuel but they did not. You can see the fuel cap in the photo
View attachment 144391

Devastating, bet you wasn't a happy chap that day, awesome skill to have though. I'll get to the IOM one day, I've been saying I'll go watch the TT for years!

(Sorry to take over your thread Joe :oops:)