School Boy Error

CharlieSmith90

Stay Classy San Diego
Platinum Member
Evening lads, just a quick ont I thought would make you all chuckle.

Today I have received an email saying, "Your Clio Cup has arrived at the dealership", and inviting me to come and choose a new plate and finalise the financing.

But for the past 3 months I have been thinking I have ordered a Racing Blue 200 FF WITHOUT THE CUP PACK, but really after looking at my agreement I have ordered completely standard 200 cup.

Now as much as I am finding this quite hilarious, I am a bit unhappy that I have made such a school boy error and I won't have all the little toys.

Have I really made that bigger **** up ordering a Bog standard cup to a FF.

Feel free to rip me for this hilarious lapse of concentration, I was still overwhelmed by the test drive, that's my excuse!

Depends what you want mate, I wanted the luxarys so went for the FF but the cups all good.

Thats where I was going, but thinking about it I'm only going to use it weekends as I have a van for work. But then I here the standard interior is pretty shocking in the cup?! I don't really know, I'm still confused how I managed to overlook such a massive thing!

Thats where I was going, but thinking about it I'm only going to use it weekends as I have a van for work. But then I here the standard interior is pretty shocking in the cup?! I don't really know, I'm still confused how I managed to overlook such a massive thing!

You should be fine then mate taking it down the twistys at the weekend is what the clio is about :smile: the cup interior is a little bland but that's not what a cup is about, and it's because you was buzzing your tits off with how good the car was in the test drive lol :tongueout:

You should be fine then mate taking it down the twistys at the weekend is what the clio is about :smile: the cup interior is a little bland but that's not what a cup is about, and it's because you was buzzing your tits off with how good the car was in the test drive lol :tongueout:

Only time is going to tell with this one. Is it a massive difference in ride do you know? Is it worth pre booking with my dentist to get them all put back in haha!

Last edited by a moderator:

Only time is going to tell with this one. Is it a massive difference in ride do you know? Is it worth pre booking with my dentist to get them all put back in haha!

The cup chassis is firm but most spec that on a FF as I have, I'm sure you'll enjoy it whatever, anything else you've ask for recaros etc?

The cup chassis is firm but most spec that on a FF as I have, I'm sure you'll enjoy it whatever, anything else you've ask for recaros etc?

I really wanted to have recaros but at just over a grand I couldn't do it to myself mate, they look so sexy but I will just have to go witha seat is a seat until I can find some else where and retro fit them.

I had a 197 cup and now have a 200 FF, I much prefer the FF, the plush(er) interior, push start and fancy dials in the center console make it for me.

But I'm a small-things sort of guy, they entertain me but might not others. Theres nothing wrong with a CUP.

Ive got a full fat, I could live with a cup though, the only thing i would miss is push start and keyless entry, that's About it, wouldn't worry, a cup will be epic!!!!

how on earth did that slip under the radar?

The cup is an excellent bit of kit, so you wont be disappointed.... but..... for me personally, all the little extra's, like AC, auto wipers, keyless entry, push button start, soft touch dash, are too good to miss out on.

No way of saying to the garage there has been a mistake. Or be a bit cheeky and lay the blame on them, saying you asked for a FF?? :tongueout:

how on earth did that slip under the radar?

The cup is an excellent bit of kit, so you wont be disappointed.... but..... for me personally, all the little extra's, like AC, auto wipers, keyless entry, push button start, soft touch dash, are too good to miss out on.

No way of saying to the garage there has been a mistake. Or be a bit cheeky and lay the blame on them, saying you asked for a FF?? :tongueout:

+1 :shout:

im sure you could say u did ask for a ff. unless they have a conversation in writing not sure if they could deny u having it. plus wouldnt it mean you would have to pay abit more anyway?

As I said massive mistake on my part, but I'm sure I can live with it. It is going to be used maximum of 3 times a week absolute tops. I'm trading in my 1.2 Mk2 Clio (Also my first car), I don't think I am going to mind driving the cup too much in comparison, I just won't tell my mates to feel the dash :wink:

Cheers for the help guys